• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Where can I find updated informations about rims and tires?

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
I have now looked at ”Frequent asked questions” and tires to Ranger in the “Tire Tech Library”. There is a lot of information bup it all stops at models made 2010.

Don’t misunderstand me now, because I’m thankful for the help I got from this forum and it’s members but I’m a big time newbie when it comes to everything about cars, except just driving them, and I really need help with my 2017 Ranger. Do anyone here know where I can find information about rims/tires made for Rangers 2012-2018?

I bought the car 2:nd hand and the original parts is not there any more and I want a set made for motorways, and not off-road. But put on original tires will make the car look like a freak, so I need help from those who know about this before I go to a dealer. Here they will do what it takes to sell as expensive rims/tires as they can and don’t care if I have an accident and die further up the road, because they tricked me to buy the wrong stuff. Dealer don’t have the pride to help customers get what’s best for their car, and police never stop or give tickets because of any modifications made to your car. So for that reason there are a lot of dangerous cars in traffic but I don’t want to be one of them....

Regards
Jacob

3C0AA3A2-9500-4E45-BB8B-2815B26B9CD2.jpeg

477233E7-E1D3-470C-B8AF-7FC01FF0B26A.jpeg

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
I'm sure there are options available... but here in the US... they're probably limited being it is a new vehicle. I have used tirerack.com here to research tires and wheels. I'm sure there are other online sources that have supplied wheels and tires for your truck for several years.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
Being that you have the Global Ranger that the U.S. didn't have, our ability to help you will be greatly limited. As to where to look for the information you are looking for, I have no good answers for you. Perhaps your best bet would be to look for Australian forums. 1) They have the Global Ranger 2) The off-road and modification crowd is very big there. If only one has the information you are looking for, it would probably be them.

The Rangers we just got here are modified from the Global Ranger platform, so there will be similarities and and some significant differences. Like Uncle Gump said, the truck is so new, we are still "feeling" out the thing and what works and what doesn't.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Being that you have the Global Ranger that the U.S. didn't have, our ability to help you will be greatly limited. As to where to look for the information you are looking for, I have no good answers for you. Perhaps your best bet would be to look for Australian forums. 1) They have the Global Ranger 2) The off-road and modification crowd is very big there. If only one has the information you are looking for, it would probably be them.

The Rangers we just got here are modified from the Global Ranger platform, so there will be similarities and and some significant differences. Like Uncle Gump said, the truck is so new, we are still "feeling" out the thing and what works and what doesn't.
Thank you for that info, I will look for a forum there. When it comes to removing the panels inside of the car, but now this is the wrong place for this, I figured out how to take them off, except for the center console....

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
When it comes to removing the panels inside of the car, but now this is the wrong place for this, I figured out how to take them off, except for the center console....
Do you have pictures? Maybe you could create a thread on how to do that for the "Newer" US Ranger owners, and explain it for them.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals