• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Whitetail Deer + Truck Picture...

-Nathan-

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1993 / 2001
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
HO 5.0 / 7.3 PSD
Transmission
Manual
Enjoy :D

conditions werent the greatest, but there were a TON of deer

Im a decent shot....got him in the spine from 120 yards, dropped him.

Oohhhh...and there was not one, but TWO 3/4 ton diesel Chev trucks STUCK, and of course the Rangebe came to the rescue. I pulled one out with a strap, and winched this guy out. Then preceeded to go through the trail like it was a paved road :D while the chev guys looked on in amazement.

Superman

Banned
--- Banned ---
Reaction score
Nice deer.

Should make yer truck like this. I've seen this truck in person...its badass but funny.

_@_

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
:icon_surprised:U SHOT BAMBI!:icon_surprised:

j/k, looks like good fun.

i want to start hunting but all the BS rules and regs you have to follow in nj make it not worth the effort.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
I'll never understand why so many people shoot a deer in the spine...

I watched a hunting show last week and nearly every person on there that shot a deer hit it in the spine....

I mean, sure it doesn't go anywhere when you do that, but....

#1) It ruins a bunch of the backstrap, AKA the sweet meat - the chops. Dunno about you guys but some pan-fried butterfly chops with cajun spice is like eating a piece of heaven, IMHO.

#2) I've seen notices about some disease that was carried in the spinal fluid and extreme care should be taken about severing the spine. I want to say that it was chronic wasting disease, but it might have been something else. I'd rather not take a chance. When I've helped skin and quarter a deer, we always saw the neck last then clean & sanitize the saw and hang the carcass neck down for awhile.

-Nathan-

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1993 / 2001
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
HO 5.0 / 7.3 PSD
Transmission
Manual
no risk of disease around here, yeah it was chronic wasting that they were worried about, but were safe here.

there is an ABUNDANCE of places the deer could run off to, and looking for a deer in -25 weather, when I could have dropped him on spot, doesnt make sense.

I know what you mean by sweet meat, those rolls along the back are delicious. I didnt hurt them, I hit it in the spine high enough towards the shoulders.

Nhaz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1998 and a few
Make / Model
Ranger+Ranger+E
Engine Size
4.0 3.0
Transmission
Automatic
How did they get stuck in that?

Thats what my roads look like pretty much any time we have snow. sure they get cleared. but I still have to be on them clear or not.

-Nathan-

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1993 / 2001
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
HO 5.0 / 7.3 PSD
Transmission
Manual
what you dont see is the mud whole with the trucks entire front end up to the hood buried in the mud.

heres another picture showing some of my tracks....you can see behind me...it was a little nasty, and that was the good part.

LearjetMinako

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 140ci
Transmission
Manual
White tail deer season starts this weekend for me. Getting my gear together and preparing the Ranger for a weekend of a rush hunt (I only get 2x dawns and 1x dusk to hunt before returning back to work). For me, its not really the hunt that matters, but the many hours of sleep I get sitting in the backwoods, enjoying nature. If I see a deer, I may not even bother shooting. Unless its a 6-point or better.

Dweano

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Haha first off...that looks like a rocking time man! Nice deer too. Second off...When I read the title I thought you smoked a deer and I was like NOOOO!!! Looks like winter is finally here tho. Drove to Warman today...slide fest haha. So much fun

xkotyx

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
man am i glad the weather isnt that bad here! that looks COLD! and its only november! haha

nice deer too! ive only gotten a doe so far out of 2 hunt days this year.

lowered edge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
v6
Transmission
Manual
I will stay down here in the South where we only see maybe a half of an inch and that is major. The 2 deer are nice.

AllanD

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
Transmission
Manual
I have the results of deer Vs Volvo S60R sitting in my driveway waiting for the insurance adjuster to come and take a look right now...

No, didn't get the deer either.

AD

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Nathan, you need to give WNY some lessons.

AllanD, that sucks.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
no risk of disease around here, yeah it was chronic wasting that they were worried about, but were safe here.

there is an ABUNDANCE of places the deer could run off to, and looking for a deer in -25 weather, when I could have dropped him on spot, doesnt make sense.

I know what you mean by sweet meat, those rolls along the back are delicious. I didnt hurt them, I hit it in the spine high enough towards the shoulders.
I figure it's worth a little precaution even if it isn't much of a risk of disease.

As far as running off, you just need better bullets. Or a better gun.:icon_twisted:

The last deer I had to chase more than 50' was one that I still have no idea how it got that far. I didn't shoot it, but the person who did got it a lil low through the front of the chest... and shattered both front legs.... and it took us several hours of chasing it while it was bleeding like a pig before we finally put a bullet through it's head - every time you'd get close it'd jump up and run.:icon_confused:

The one before that was about 5 years ago, a doe that ran a good hundred yards or so in open field. Ran right towards the road so it did.:icon_thumby:

The other 15 or so deer in the past 5 years dropped right were they stood or darn close. 7mm, 30-06, .270 and a 12 gauge with slugs accounted for 'em all (not all mine). Aside from the slug gun, all the rifles used Nosler Ballistic Tips or Nosler Partitions in 140 grain or 150 grain. All were shot with a heart and lungs shot.

Oh, and FYI, don't EVER, EVER, EVER!!! use a 7mm with a 140 grain ballistic tip on a whitetail at anything less than 2-300 yards. I've seen 12 gauge slugs make less of a mess....

-Nathan-

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1993 / 2001
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
HO 5.0 / 7.3 PSD
Transmission
Manual
yeah its -25 degrees Celsius right now, its a little excessively cold! Glad I got them when I did, cause it is only getting colder. AllanD I think we need pics of said Volvo!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals