• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Why does my A/C run all the time??

1967c10

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Hello everyone, Ok today was the coldest day since I first got my Ranger, so obviously I had to use the heat. With the knob turned all the way on heat and the other knob selected on floor it blows heat awesome, but I noticed that even while the heat is on I can still hear the A/C pump cycling. I know it is not the blend door because I can turn it to heat and get hot hot heat and turn it to cold and get freezing cold air. I know the A/C should come on when defrost and A/C is selected, but it still comes on when things like floor and bi-level are selected too. It just seems like there is somthing not telling the A/C to turn off when I have the heat on. Hopefully some one has a few ideas as to what the cause may be, any other questions feel free to ask.

4x4RangerGuy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Subaru
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
On Rangers, the A/C pump cycles on every setting except when the 1 level vents and floor vents only are selected. I've talked to a couple of my buddies at Ford and they said they did this to dry out the air and prevent moisture buildup. Cycling is normal on all settings but the ones I mentioned above.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals