• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Will a single DIN CB and Stereo fit in a 2001 Ranger radio space?

ben_2_go

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Furd
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5 Scrap
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235-75-R15
My credo
None at all.
Is there a way to install a single DIN CB and single DIN radio into the factory radio location? I don't want to mod the dash or the surround. I was hoping there was an install kit out there for this like there is for a single DIN radio into the double DIN space. I can't find it if there's one available.

2011Supercab

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota Tacoma
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Maybe
Depends on the radio in the car, Most factory radios are only double din at the face plate.

You may not be able to fit 2 singles in the hole. there may not be enough depth for the top unit.

Capture.JPG

ben_2_go

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Furd
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5 Scrap
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235-75-R15
My credo
None at all.
Maybe
Depends on the radio in the car, Most factory radios are only double din at the face plate.

You may not be able to fit 2 singles in the hole. there may not be enough depth for the top unit.

View attachment 99338
Good point. Depth wwon't be a problem. Stacking them possibly. The head units I'm looking at are the digital units with no CD player, no nav, and no frills. I listen to AM/FM/HD and the stuff I download to a flash drive, SD card, or my phone. Those radios are only a couple of inches deep at most. The CBs I am looking at are about as long as to the back of the heat sink on the OE unit in your pic. So no depth issue there. Stacking them may be where I run into problems. The CB has no lip around the face but some head units do. I listen to the CB more than the radio, unless I'm driving around local to me.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals