• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

windows

joey7478

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 ranger
Make / Model
1990 ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Once again I asks this question on the ford truck forums and they don't know or they are just not answering me. Does any one know if the wire harness is all the same in all 1990 ford e150 van? my front door needed replaced and it has roll up windows and the parts van has power windows has anyone hooked up power windows? Thanks joey!:icon_confused:

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
I haven't hooked any up in 15 years but that doesn't matter too much.

If you have the doors and you have the harness connector in the new door its just a matter of finding out if your van has the connector needed to run the power windows.

If it does not then you would need to consider what needs to be done to a) swap the harness from the donor truck into your truck or b) find a connector from the donor or similar vehicle and splice it into the power supply on your fuse panel or maybe add a relay that you can power however you deem suitable (i.e. acc/run key position or powered always).

The other option may be to simply swap out the winding mechanism and other parts needed if possible along with the interior trim panel from the original door (my personal choice because power windows are not one of my favourite options on a vehicle).

If that doesn't help you move forward on your situation maybe someone else can offer more detail on the wiring of the connector.

They really only need a power supply and ground unless the door has power locks (which can be removed and install the old locks) or other features in the same clip.

There are wiring diagrams available in the online manual that you can find here:

http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170166

I haven't used it for a while but the last time I tried it worked fine. In some cases they actually show wiring harnesses for the different options but you will need to go through it and take what you can. The pages are PDFs so you can download and print them too...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals