• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Wiring diagram/pin outs

Effieman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
My right blinker has only been working sporadically over the last few weeks. When it first started, sometimes it would work if I put slight pressure on the turn signal stalk. Sometimes it would only work when I was turning the wheel. Finally replaced the switch/stalk, and now it self-cancels (after breaking years ago), but the right signal hasn't worked at all. Finally checked the emergency flashers, and only the left works, so it's gotta be some funky wiring.
Where can you find wiring diagrams, hopefully with pin outs along with colors?
Any suggestions on what/where to look for?

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
What year/ model? The diagrams in the "how to tech" section of this site are excellent. Even if they don't apply directly to your year/model, they will often be close enough to get you by. Follow the link at the top of the page.

There usually isn't much to that circuit. Power from a fuse, the multifunction switch (stalk), turn flasher module and emergency flasher module and the bulbs themselves. On newer trucks it might go through the GEM, which changes things a little bit. Otherwise, it's often a loose connection somewhere, especially a ground connection at the rear. Has anyone tampered with the wiring? Perhaps added a trailer wiring harness? That is often done with poor workmanship that causes trouble later on.

Effieman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
It's the '98 Ranger. All wiring stock, unless they messed with it before I got it with only 11 miles on it. LOL
I was thinking loose connector too, since the new switch didn't help. That's why I was hoping for a pin out, as to know where too look on the connector. My idea of colors doesn't always seem to match 'the book' color...
Forgot about grounds though. Just seemed weird that sometimes they worked just by turning the steering wheel.
Will have to search the diagrams from here.

BlackBII

Ranger Custom
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
This is the only one I have. May or may not be helpful

Effieman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Easy fix. When I was looking for the wire colors on the connector, noticed one was out. The lock pin(?) was broken on that wire. Shoved it back on, and it worked. Must have just finally worked it's way 'too loose'. Hope it lasts another 10 years. Just sucks having to remove the dash panels and radio to get to the wires.
Thanks for the diagram BlackBll.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals