2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
0 in
Total Drop
0in
My credo
you got a problem with me being a furry then **** off
i've been wondering this and i work on a farm and i have to move pipe on a trailer, sometimes i'm the only one moving the pipe and i have to have the truck crawl so you can keep going without stopping, and my ranger doesn't have much power so would a doubler benefit that?

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: 248EE46702D889 Expires: October 1, 2019

Shran

Junk Collector
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
It would slow things down, sure, but that's an awful lot of work to accomplish that. You could put lower gears in your axles if you wanted, they do make down to 4.56 gears for the D28 and 7.5. Or buy an older full size truck with a 4 speed w/ granny gear and small tires... or a small tractor.

I don't know. Are you working for someone else or is this your operation? Doesn't seem to make sense to make any investment at all if you're working for someone.

Zapper

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
0 in
Total Drop
0in
My credo
you got a problem with me being a furry then **** off
It would slow things down, sure, but that's an awful lot of work to accomplish that. You could put lower gears in your axles if you wanted, they do make down to 4.56 gears for the D28 and 7.5. Or buy an older full size truck with a 4 speed w/ granny gear and small tires... or a small tractor.

I don't know. Are you working for someone else or is this your operation? Doesn't seem to make sense to make any investment at all if you're working for someone.
im working for family because they own the farm, and im asking because we have trucks there but sometimes two are being used and the other is somewhere else, and the only other truck is a fullsize cab diesel that cant turn in small places