• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

WTB Ranger FX4 Level II Transmission Shift Ball

Revtach

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Any year shift ball from the FX4 Level II Ford Ranger. If you have one you'd like to sell please PM me. Thanks.

North Idaho 5.oh

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger
Transmission
Automatic
I’ve spent the last 2 years (casually) looking for one and I gave up. Until last year I gave up entirely, then I got a call from a guy that I knew and he asked if I wanted to buy his old ranger... I said yes and when I got to his house it was an FX4 level 2 WITH both of the shifters!!!
Moral of the story.... patience man! They are out there!

Revtach

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
I’ve spent the last 2 years (casually) looking for one and I gave up. Until last year I gave up entirely, then I got a call from a guy that I knew and he asked if I wanted to buy his old ranger... I said yes and when I got to his house it was an FX4 level 2 WITH both of the shifters!!!
Moral of the story.... patience man! They are out there!
That's a very fortunate find. Good for you man. Being in Idaho I'm sure the truck is fairly rust-free to boot. I scored my 2003 FX4 Level 2 in NY but it is corroded to all hell. I'm still happy with it though.

Oh and I did find a shift-ball this summer. I had to trade a spare manual transfer case FX4 Level 2 floor plate for it....rare parts for rare parts.

Last edited:

North Idaho 5.oh

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger
Transmission
Automatic
The truck is about 98% rust free and I am actually in the process of restoring it.
Trading a floor plate for it was a darn good deal in my opinion. I only paid $200 for my fx4 level 2 :headbang:...lucky I know, but I have to find an engine for it. Already scored another transmission and rebuilt it and have another case rebuilt too!

Revtach

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
The truck is about 98% rust free and I am actually in the process of restoring it.
Trading a floor plate for it was a darn good deal in my opinion. I only paid $200 for my fx4 level 2 :headbang:...lucky I know, but I have to find an engine for it. Already scored another transmission and rebuilt it and have another case rebuilt too!
That's a killer deal man. Those 4.0 SOHC engines are a dime a doze. Just a suggestion but if you do get one you should inspect the plastic timing chain guides on it while the engine is still out of the vehicle. Pretty much any early 2000's 4.0 SOHC has faulty guides and once they go you have to pull the engine to replace/upgrade them. Might as well do it up front especially if the motor has over 100K miles on it.

Or hell just put an Explorer 5.0 in there. That's what I would do. Probably would cost the same to buy and not really a whole lot more work fitting the 5.0 in. That would be a sweet sweet FX4 Level 2 truck.

Revtach

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Also you should make sure to put up some pics!

North Idaho 5.oh

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger
Transmission
Automatic
I always had a dream of making an “fx5” with the 5.0, manual transmission, and transfer case.
I am still undecided as to what I should do. I have the 5.0, manual tranny, and case Already.

Revtach

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Looking great!

Actually, now that I think about it, I remember looking into a 5.0 swap with the manual transmission and there was no way to make it bolt up. All the 5.0 swaps I saw were with the auto transmission. I looked into this about a year ago so maybe someone found a solution since. Otherwise you're looking at a complete drivetrain swap. Sorry to have mislead you.

North Idaho 5.oh

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger
Transmission
Automatic
From what I have researched, the M5OD from the v6 F-150 will bolt up to the 5.0 and so will the older ZF5’s.... haven’t done it yet and I could be wrong, but It will be a sweet truck auto or manual!

Revtach

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
From what I have researched, the M5OD from the v6 F-150 will bolt up to the 5.0 and so will the older ZF5’s.... haven’t done it yet and I could be wrong, but It will be a sweet truck auto or manual!
If that's the case, then go for it and definitely go for the manual. You should post pics once you're done and maybe start a thread documenting the project.

North Idaho 5.oh

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Just got the ranger back to the house and off the trailer! Gonna be pulling the engine out and cleaning the engine bay!
I did get my donor finally!

Attachments

North Idaho 5.oh

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Any year shift ball from the FX4 Level II Ford Ranger. If you have one you'd like to sell please PM me. Thanks.
Found a way you could possibly get a shifter ball if you haven’t located one !

North Idaho 5.oh

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger
Transmission
Automatic
I was super fortunate and found a full twin stick set up in salt lake!
Surfing the web last night and found a yard out there that was parting out and fx4 level 2 and the guys out there pulled the parts for me and they are shipping them out tomorrow 2/18!
Im getting both shifters, floor plate, both pieces of the case linkage, silver bezel, both shift balls, shifter bushing, leather boots... EVERYTHING!

Attachments

turbo91xlt

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year

Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I traded him my extra shift ball that was gonna be for my GT a while back. I'll buy it off you @North Idaho 5.oh because I still want one for my GT haha. I'll shoot you a PM.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals