• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Transfer Case shifter Cam

speaste

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Ranger Experts:

Just got a well used 84 ranger 4x4 and I noticed if I shifted into 4H from 2H I could not get back to 2H. I took the boot off the shifter and the plate/bracket the shifter rides through is loose (just sitting there with the shifter lever coming through it. So, when I pulled back the shifter the plate moved back with the shifter. When I pushed it back towards 2H, the plate hits the floor pan and will not move forward unless I guide it under the floor pan.

I imagine this shifter guide bracket is supposed to attach and bolt down somewhere there? How is this bracket supposed to attach?

Thanks!

BlackBII

Ranger Custom
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
If you look on the drivers side of the Tcase, you'll see the linkage, the bracket is held on by 1 14mm bolt, it may be behind one of the linkage arms(that's on all the T-Cases Ive seen anyway)

I bet that bolt is just loose or missing, there is also a giant bolt that holds the actual shifter that may also be loose.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals