• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

3.0 Lower Radiator Hose Replacement Help

arcwelder

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hey Guys,

I need to replace the lower radiator hose on my 2002 Ranger Edge 3.0, and was hoping to get some advice/input on the easiest way to remove and install the smaller branch of the lower radiator hose that goes to the front of the engine (to the water pump(?)), since that area is really tight. Do I have to remove the air intake, serpentine belt, and radiator fan (and maybe more)? Or is it possible to do the job by just removing the serpentine belt, or maybe even by not removing it at all?

Any advice/input is much appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

McCormack

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hey Guys,

I need to replace the lower radiator hose on my 2002 Ranger Edge 3.0, and was hoping to get some advice/input on the easiest way to remove and install the smaller branch of the lower radiator hose that goes to the front of the engine (to the water pump(?)), since that area is really tight. Do I have to remove the air intake, serpentine belt, and radiator fan (and maybe more)? Or is it possible to do the job by just removing the serpentine belt, or maybe even by not removing it at all?

Any advice/input is much appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.
It's tight quarters and takes some patience, but I was able to replace the lower radiator hose on my '00 without removing anything.

arcwelder

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks for the info McCormack. I wasn't able to get pliers to the spring clamp that's up at the water pump from below, and so ended up taking off the air intake and the serpentine belt, but still couldn't get to it. I ended up just buying some flexible wire hose clamp pliers, which I think should do the trick. I'm going to give that a shot this weekend. If that doesn't work, I'll probably be back with some more questions.

Thanks again!

Rearanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Those Ford spring clamps are meant to lock open then just be unlocked with a screw driver on installation.

arcwelder

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks Rearanger, I didn't know that they locked. That's definitely good to know and will make the job easier.

I was planning on replacing the hose this weekend, but I'm unfortunately having trouble getting the truck started, so didn't want to change the radiator hose until the truck is back up running so that I can burp the air out of the cooling system. I'll have to create another thread for that issue since I'm a bit stuck on it.

Thanks again for the help.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals