The Ranger Station Forums

The Ranger Station Forums (https://www.therangerstation.com/forums/index.php)
-   V-8 Conversion Forums (https://www.therangerstation.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   V8 Conversion Headers (https://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95640)

baddad457 11-09-2010 11:21 PM

V8 Conversion Headers
 
This topic comes up frequently enough to need one.:icon_confused:

85_Ranger4x4 11-09-2010 11:31 PM

:agree:

Mac 11-10-2010 08:30 AM

Totally agree! Something like a spread sheet that would show all the data: year, engine, transmission, 4x4 or not and how they fit.
Dave

85_Ranger4x4 11-10-2010 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac (Post 854645)
Totally agree! Something like a spread sheet that would show all the data: year, engine, transmission, 4x4 or not and how they fit.
Dave

Pics are worth 1000 spreadsheets.

Maybe have an icon you click on and pics pop up?

JoeyB 11-10-2010 07:05 PM

That would be awesome.

Explore 11-11-2010 09:24 AM

As you know, most of the info is here: http://www.therangerstation.com/tech...nversions.html Just needs updated a bit.

baddad457 11-11-2010 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Explore (Post 855442)
As you know, most of the info is here: http://www.therangerstation.com/tech...nversions.html Just needs updated a bit.

:icon_confused: It is ? Better go back and read what little is there. It's not much. And none of the header choices we've been discussing lately are there. And some of the other advice is questionable. Like centering the motor between the frame rails. I tried that, it's almost impossible as the rails aren't paralell and aren't centered under the body. The motor needs to be centered using the fenders as a guide. and the trans tail aimed at the pinion.

Tony Raine 11-11-2010 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baddad457 (Post 855909)
Like centering the motor between the frame rails. I tried that, it's almost impossible as the rails aren't paralell and aren't centered under the body.

yeah, i just hit that problem in my swap yesterday. i think ford designed the front framerails with 2 different wet noodles as a guide.

gsp 11-12-2010 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 85_Ranger4x4 (Post 854749)
Pics are worth 1000 spreadsheets.

You got that right!

baddad457 11-18-2010 07:35 AM

bump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:46 AM.

1999-2018 / 959 Media LLC / All Rights Reserved