The Ranger Station Forums

The Ranger Station Forums (https://www.therangerstation.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-Road 4x4 Suspensions (https://www.therangerstation.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=221)
-   -   time for more flex .... hope u guys can help (https://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125501)

spash94 04-09-2012 05:50 AM

time for more flex .... hope u guys can help

Well i got a 94 short bed that has a rought country kit in it now i changed out the plate style mount that hits the diff for a skyjacker mount now I'm looking to do extended radius arms and go with a different spring as the rc are verry stiff looking also to gain an inch or so

Do u guys like the duff ext radius arms ?
And would a skyjacker 6" soft ride spring site what I looking to do

The truck is locked frt and rear please let me know anything that will help me
Thanks matt

aspevacek 04-10-2012 01:28 AM

The Duff Arms are awsome thru and thru. Very Good quality.

The skyjacker arms are not bad either but I prefer the Heim Joints used on the Duff Stuff.

spash94 04-10-2012 07:05 AM

Ok so duff arms it is. I like the hyme joint idear now what would u recomend for a spring that will flex god and give me at least 5 inches of lift if not more

kryptonitecb 04-10-2012 08:08 AM

I keep reading the jeep springs are a good buy for flex.

Sent from road while ignoring traffic

spash94 04-10-2012 09:02 AM

There is a set. Of duff progreassive springs on here for sale might grab them there 5.5 just looking for a lil imput

cdawall 04-10-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kryptonitecb (Post 1219282)
I keep reading the jeep springs are a good buy for flex.

Sent from road while ignoring traffic

The Jeep springs are crazy soft compared to "normal" TTB springs. I would go with a good progressive coil in fact I would spend the extra $100 and call deaver to have them build a custom set. Those typically run ~ $250 a set and are for sure worth it. At the end of the day however it is still a TTB and will never flex like a solid axle...

spash94 04-10-2012 11:47 AM

Yeah not.looking to do a sas as I just got rid.of a long armed explore just looking to c what the ttb will do

aspevacek 04-10-2012 12:25 PM

I have the entire Duff Stage 3 under my truck and prior to OCtober 2011 I was running a SJ Class 2 6 inch under the same truck. On the road the Duff kit rides alot nicer then it did with the SJ. I do like the progressive rate springs with the Duff kit.

4x4junkie 04-10-2012 05:11 PM

:no2:

The TTB axle flexes plenty with the right springs on it. Unless you're building a ramp queen or a dedicated rock buggy, (IDGAF what anyone says) you don't need a solid axle.

If your "shortbed" is a regular cab, Skyjacker's 6" XJ coils (pt# JC-60F, IIRC) should work wonderful under that truck. I hope you have something planned out for your steering however, because those coils will NOT work well if the angles on your steering linkage are off...

cdawall 04-10-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4x4junkie (Post 1219527)
:no2:

The TTB axle flexes plenty with the right springs on it. Unless you're building a ramp queen or a dedicated rock buggy, (IDGAF what anyone says) you don't need a solid axle.

If your "shortbed" is a regular cab, Skyjacker's 6" XJ coils (pt# JC-60F, IIRC) should work wonderful under that truck. I hope you have something planned out for your steering however, because those coils will NOT work well if the angles on your steering linkage are off...

You don't "need" a lifted truck. Solid axle's will outperform TTB's in a lot of offroad situations. That's all I was saying. You will never get even similar flex from a TTB that is just part of the independent suspension any "flex" typically gained is due to frame flex.