The Ranger Station Forums

The Ranger Station Forums (https://www.therangerstation.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.therangerstation.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Speeders....rant... (https://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175824)

rusty ol ranger 03-02-2018 07:12 AM

Speeders....rant...

Ever since getting married and moving out of the country into town to appease the wife (oh the things we will do) ive had numerous issues, not crime, its a safe, small town of about 2000 people, but out of how bad the city pisses me off with their stupid rules, one thing really gets me...

All these damn idiots flying down my 25mph residential street upwards of 45mph. Its a narrow street, and sometimes i park in the street (so i dont have to wake up to move the 77 cause the wife dont understand pump twice, crank, pump again, start)...

I have been getting plate numbers and vehicle descriptions, notified city hall, the police dept, etc and nothing is getting done. My neighbor, who actually used to be a cop in town has also been complaining, and nothing gets done. Hell, i told the cheif to station a patrol right in my driveway, i dont care. Yet nothing gets done.

Im not sure if i should bother the county/state police with this matter or what. Im seriously about ready to go buy some land back from my dad (who actually is now in my old house) and live in my friggin camper.

Im not trying to be the crusty old guy, but damnit, i dont want my vehicles gettin smashed (even in the driveway itd be possible if someone lost control or something), or be sittin in the living room and end up with a trailblazer blocking the TV.

Any advice?

ericbphoto 03-02-2018 09:18 AM

Any advice

Have another beer and turn up the volume on the tv.

Honestly. I used to have the same problem before I moved. There were little kids on my street - sometimes literally.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

RonD 03-02-2018 10:35 AM

Speed bumps are used in my area, not expensive for a city to install

adsm08 03-02-2018 10:37 AM

Get a supply of dead dogs and cats. When you see a speeder coming throw one out in the road for them to hit.

RonD 03-02-2018 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adsm08 (Post 1617054)
Get a supply of dead dogs and cats. When you see a speeder coming throw one out in the road for them to hit.

Not a bad idea, and it got me thinking about one of my pet peeves

"Looky Loo's", those people who slow down to look at "anything" on a highway, bringing me and everyone else down to a crawl.

So get a wrecked car, put it on the street with a flashing light, and BIG sign that says "Nothing to see here, maintain speed"
That will slow the MORONS down

ericbphoto 03-02-2018 02:27 PM

I always thought it would be fun to shoot the speeders with a paint ball gun. I was usually busy with something and didn't have time to prepare for that. You never know they're coming until it's too late. I guess it could have started a fight, too.

fastpakr 03-02-2018 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericbphoto (Post 1617073)
I always thought it would be fun to shoot the speeders with a paint ball gun. I was usually busy with something and didn't have time to prepare for that. You never know they're coming until it's too late. I guess it could have started a fight, too.

Paint mine?

85_Ranger4x4 03-02-2018 04:15 PM

3k and you have a police department?

Cops around here like to find spots like you describe and park behind bushes.

RonD 03-02-2018 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 85_Ranger4x4 (Post 1617088)
3k and you have a police department?

Cops around here like to find spots like you describe and park behind bushes.

That's just for sex :D

Police departments have used "cardboard" cut outs of a policeman holding radar gun, kinda behind a bush but enough showing to slow down drivers :)

ericbphoto 03-02-2018 07:29 PM

I've seen places around here park a patrol car with a mannequin dressed as an officer sitting behind the wheel.