• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Presley's 2007 Ranger

mattpresley

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD F-250
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
If you're curious, here's the product chart.
http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/images/family_banner2_lrg.jpg
And here's my my thread with the video's on it.
http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139422

As for the white sport grille, good luck, you can get it from ford parts of course but there not cheap, (which is why I'm not cutting mine up) but, another option for your's would to be to cut out the inside and do a billet insert, and plastidip the chrome outer black. The bumper you could plastidip but also get the original bumper if you fancy. And if you really wanna go black, you can pick up some aftermarket halo's with black housings for the front headlights, as well as led taillights in black housings. Also, are you going to lower it for street? Or lift it for pre running? Because with the 07 you can level the front and get a free lift. :D
Billet insert in the front while dipping the chrome black? OOOH I like your style. That sounds like the plan. :headbang:

These are the headlights I plan to go with. I like the oem style but blacked out. That way on my long drives between San Diego and Phoenix I'll still be able to see haha.

Honestly my entire life I have always wanted a lifted truck, until I used one as a work truck. FML equipment and waste is heavy. The stock rear end height is perfect for lifting stuff I can barely pick up into. So as far as a work truck I want to leave the ride height where it is it least on the rear end for sure. I haul loads of waste almost daily between 1500 and 2000 lbs to the landfill. My heaviest to date was around 2800 lbs. I used osb panels to increase height of my bedsides and had bags of tile, drywall and blown in insulation riding up and onto part of the roof. That ranger hauled it like a champ although braking was difficult. So obviously lowering the Ranger isn't something I want to do either. I may look into a leveling kit in the future. That would improve the trucks look alot IMO. I don't care for how the truck sits when empty. Bed sits waaay too high especially since I installed heavy duty shocks on the rear end. Here is a half ass shot I grabbed as I was getting in the truck that day. Not the best pic. It was in Phoenix on a 115 degree day and I just got done loading and strapping so was eager to get to the cab for a/c.

Also really need the fender covers like the sports come with. Need to cover up dings from my favorite ratchet strap spot lol. You should sell my your yellow ones and I'll paint 'em :D .

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
My credo
I need more sleep.
Also really need the fender covers like the sports come with. Need to cover up dings from my favorite ratchet strap spot lol. You should sell my your yellow ones and I'll paint 'em :D .
Lol, the covers on my truck hide the giant dent in the metal. Well the headlights and taillights I was talking about are these. Or like it.

There pretty cheap too, you can get them all for a total of $400.
This is what the grille would look like.

I would defiantly get some off-road tires to get a meaty rugged look. And if you ever decide to go out and play in the dirt, you got some good traction. Also see if you can plastidip your wheels, or trade them in for some black ones, it would keep with the theme. As for the leveling it, that's what I was talking about with the free lift. You can crank your torsion bars and it will lift your front to be level with the back, I did mine and it gave me loads of ground clearance, just make sure to get an alignment unless you want roasted tires. Here's the tech article on it. http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/TorsionBar.html But if sometime in the future you wanted to lift it, turn it into a pre runner, stick a turbo on it, and fly through the desert. And then finally for exhaust, the best 2 ways I found is dual out the back, or dump it under the truck.

Last edited:

hoosier1104

I'm Awesome!
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 based goodness
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Work hard and play harder
I think I am going to see if I can find some red plasti dip and do my 8's emblems.

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
My credo
I need more sleep.
I require updates!

mattpresley

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD F-250
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Haha I haven't done much to it cosmetically since than. Mechanically I lost a wheel bearing on a road trip (melted one of my rim center caps haha). So I replaced bearing and nursed it home even though the caliper sheared it's pins during the bearing failure. When I got home I replaced brakes and rotors. Things have been fine til it started running like crap a couple weeks ago out of nowhere and was giving me a misfire code. I decided I'd try to get through that day and it left me stranded for the 1st time ever when it died and refused to restart. It spent the next week in the shop getting a new (I bought a brand new) computer :(. She is now running like a brand new truck again which, I think is saying something for a Ranger that just rolled over 190K miles. Business has taken off and I'm doing a lot more large commercial projects so I'm going to be in the market for a full size truck soon (need more bed space=gas saved due to less equipment and landfill runs) and plan and handing the Ranger down to my brother. I'll grab some up to date pics for the hell of it later.

Nope I bought my bro an s10 instead. I wanna kill this Ranger myself. Time for mods.

Last edited:

mattpresley

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD F-250
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
I require updates!
I just put 235/75 R15 BFG's on and it did a ton for the trucks look. Also it's way higher off the ground. I get a little rubbing in front end with wheel fully turned or if a hit a bump real hard so I think that was about as big as practical with this truck stock. I'll grab pics tomorrow.

mattpresley

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD F-250
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Here's some shots...

Before

After

mattpresley

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD F-250
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
I need to add coils to front badly

Last edited:

mattpresley

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD F-250
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Also added drop in bedliner and will be adding my headlights, the black ones I wanted a year ago. They should be here any day now.

mattpresley

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD F-250
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Headlights STILL not here :( . But went ahead and upgraded my head unit to this pioneer double din PITA to install stereo. Thank god for the dremel multimax.

mattpresley

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD F-250
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Guys I have put like 2 grand into this truck in last month give me some love LOL

mattpresley

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD F-250
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Lights FINALLY came in today. Too bad I have an evening job tonight and probably won't have time to install until tomorrow.

And heres a bedliner shot since I haven't added one yet. My brothers S10 I got him made it's way into the shot too kinda Lol.

mattpresley

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD F-250
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
I have no idea how the hell I am ever going to access the bolts to remove original headlights... another brilliant ford design. HELP!

mattpresley

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD F-250
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4

clflorida

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
^is that your house???

Truck is sick bro!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals