• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Rebuilding 96 ranger front end

Maiawolf

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Learning alot about the TTB front end with lots of mistakes...:annoyed: Anyway I have a bent right side axle Beam (got to figure that out) but I found the bolts are missing for the upper and lower radius arm and coil..:shok: (messy garage)

any suggestions out side the local junk yard? and while your thunking on that any ideas on the best way to straighten a slightly twisted axle beem?

thanks

Denisefwd93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
stock, may get leveling springs in front "somday"
Tire Size
We basically rebuilt my four-wheel drive 93 front end ttb. Seems very simple, although the hardware is very large and I physically needed help with that stuff.

you can probably find the whole front assembly easier than getting the radius arm. You just want to make sure it has the same ratio your front end has.

cstarbard

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
It do like it be
How badly bent is the axle beam? Is it twisted? Dented? Just not sure what you meant by bent

You might be able to coerce one back to normal with a torch and some patience, but the heat could de-temper the beam and isn't the best idea considering what is at risk if the beam failed, at least in my opinion

In terms of other ways to straighten it, you might be able to use jacks and presses, but for all the labor and risk involved with that it would be better to just get a replacement beam that you can see is undamaged and true

By right side you mean passenger side, correct? If so you shouldn't have to buy the whole front assembly, with both beams. No need to change the driver side beam unless you have to or that is the side you mean is bent, getting the differential on and off, gasketed, lined up, is really quite a pain, finding a beam with your ratio may not be super easy either depending on the ratio, the cross bolt holding the diff in place will not come off with radius arm in place also, something to keep in mind if thats actually the side you need to fix

Like Denise said it is simple enough to work on just very heavy and awkward. You may want to check that your radius arm hasnt become twisted or damaged as well

Honestly, removing the axle beam in a junkyard would be easier to do in a sense, just remove with the radius arm attached, and now you would get a good beam, radius arm, and your missing hardware (yikes!)

Last edited:

Denisefwd93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
stock, may get leveling springs in front "somday"
Tire Size
Think I'd just have a yard cut the front frame off a 4wd truck with the right ratio ttb, probably take them all of 10 minutes

cstarbard

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
It do like it be
I suppose that's true, maybe it would be cheaper?

If so as long as you have a way to get it spare parts arent a bad thing

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals