• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Help!!!

ENixB2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 V-6
Transmission
Automatic
I have an 86 Bronco II 2.9 V-6 automatic. My truck ran great when all of a sudden the fuel filter on the driver side rail started leaking, so i got it replaced. But then the starter wouldnt crank at all so i tried the starter solenoid, i replaced that and now the starter will crank but the engine wont start. Im thinking its the fuel pump but by what some people are saying the fuel pump is fine but I have no idea what it is.

Thanks, Erik

3406pack

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999-1988- 1973
Make / Model
nissan- ford- f
Transmission
Automatic
Did you prime the fuel lines after you changed the filter? Has this happened back to back or has the BII been running since the filter change? Tried starting fluid in the TB to see if it will start. Not much just a quick shot. If it starts then youve probably still have air in the fuel line.

ENixB2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 V-6
Transmission
Automatic
Gas engines usually prime them selves dont they?? I always thought they did when you turn the key to on with out cranking it.

greasemonkey6886

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Fuel injected engines prime themselves. Check the "crash sensor" in the passenger floor board up next to the heater box. It will be a black switch mouted under the carpet top edge with two wires coming from it. One pink and the other pink w/black stripe IIRC. Push on the red button on the top to reset it. It shuts the fuel off in the event of a crash and sometimes gets tripped by accident.

lost86broncoii

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yeah I agree with Greasemonkey, check your inertia switch on the floor board. I have an 86 ranger I changed the fuel pressure regulator on and unhooked my relay to run the gas out of the line. When I hooked it back up, for some reason my switch was fired... the button was where it should be but it was toast, to test it I just unplugged it and ran a jumper wire between the terminals. You can also test your fuel pumps by running power to the proper side of that wiring harness.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals