• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Shift Linkage adjustment??

Jmazda94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
On my 94' b4000 5spd. I have been having some issues shifting into gears. It works but sometimes it is really hard to shift into 1st and second. After reading all the threads about other people who have had the same issues, I have determined its either the master/slave cylinders or the shift linkage. The clutch cylinder is full which leads me to the linkage adjustment. But in my haynes manual doesn't say how to adjust a manual. Anyone know how to do it? I can't find anything online either...

B Series

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Excuse me but how do check to see if your clutch cylinder is full?

PanamaExpat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4 liter
Transmission
Manual

Jmazda94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Panama, that is an interesting kit, I might give that a try. I already blead the hydraulics, you are referring to the master cyclinder correct?

PanamaExpat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4 liter
Transmission
Manual
The bleeder is on the slave down at the bell housing. The bleeder valve is above where the hydraulic line connects to the slave. This video link has been passed around quite a bit. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgNTDGwcjZc It is very helpful and explains some of the problems of bleeding the Ranger clutch system.

If you are certain that the clutch is bled out properly and you shifter feels kind of loose I would then take a look at the kit mentioned in the earlier post. I believe that you can get to it without dropping the transmission by removing your seats and carpet then take off the plate on the floor of the cab. This should allow you to reach the shifter assembly plate located on top of the transmission. Remember if you pull the top off the transmission work CLEAN and while the trans is open make certain that you keep it covered so no stray objects or crud find their way in.

johnnycup9

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
On my 94' b4000 5spd. I have been having some issues shifting into gears. It works but sometimes it is really hard to shift into 1st and second. After reading all the threads about other people who have http://motorfiend.com the same issues, I have determined its either the master/slave cylinders or the shift linkage. The clutch cylinder is full which leads me to the linkage adjustment. But in my haynes manual doesn't say how to adjust a manual. Anyone know how to do it? I can't find anything online either...
You should of gone with the kit. Because I do think it was your clutch hydraulics, you might of not bled them all the way.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals