• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Donor truck pays out Again! X4!

Nhaz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1998 and a few
Make / Model
Ranger+Ranger+E
Engine Size
4.0 3.0
Transmission
Automatic
Woo hoo!

Here I am thinking that I am going to be shelling out 300-400 bucks at a wreckers for a complete explorer rear end just to get tracloc rear end for my 92 ranger.

Considering how many rangers I looked at in the last 2 weeks in 3 yards (more then 40 in total)and not one had a tracloc and only 2 explorers had one according to their axle tag or door code.

I went and looked under my donor truck rear end. and the tag said 3L73. :icon_thumby:

I pulled the cover off and there was that Big S spring looking back at me. :icon_hornsup::icon_hornsup::headbang::yahoo:

The condition of the rear end fluid was black and felt grimy instead of clean oil. I am thinking that the clutches are most Likely worn out or close to being worn out. the donor truck has Lots of kilometers on it.

Since this is my first experience with a tracloc at all. Is there anything specific I should be looking for or doing before or during the work in tearing off my differential and replacing it with this tracloc? other then buying a clutch kit?

feellnfroggy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
You had to look at 40 trucks before you looked at the one in your back yard?

TheCiscoKid

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I love that feeling, I needed a different carrier for my D44 and realized I had one in a donor axle I had laying around.

Nhaz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1998 and a few
Make / Model
Ranger+Ranger+E
Engine Size
4.0 3.0
Transmission
Automatic
Heh my donor truck isn't actually in my back yard. its about 40 mins drive from my house in Someone Elses back yard =>

and honestly. I wasn't expecting it to have one. Seriously after looking around some I couldn't find a ranger with a limited slip.

feellnfroggy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
The distance explains alot, i would avdi that drive at all costs too. Why are you keeping it so far away? Cnat you get a rollback and drop a little closer to home, say your own back yard?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals