• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ragajungles Bronco II Diary

ragajungle

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
awsome build!, wish my uncle was 1/4 of you! I got a shit truck but got free parts to rebuild it, and I had to fight to get it from dad =P
Both our B2's were crap (especially up here with all the rust) It makes it more rewarding to work on yer own rig -starting with nothing. If someone handed you a show truck off the bat you would never gain the wisdom and joy by doing it yourself. If you hada great truck right away you could never say "I built this I dint Buy It" my fist car was a total POS, but it taught me everything I needed to know about mechanics and engineering.

trail B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I know what you mean when you said the first time you drove the B2 you liked it.I was thinking this isn't a very nice car but I really liked it.Here I am with only the rear end and transfer case the same and still loving it.

Got to give you credit had me laughing with the dog tire and the flip flops.Painted a real good picture in my mind.

Boy you guys in the rust belt sure have more challenges than the west coast.We have rust but nothing like what your dealing with.

ragajungle

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
Got to give you credit had me laughing with the dog tire and the flip flops.Painted a real good picture in my mind.
Yeah that was a tough morning... Having AAA-towing service would've been a plus. I had to carry the dog over my shoulders wearing flip flops when it was 12 degrees out. She was too freaked to walk & kept laying down. Thankfully it was only a mile away from the house. :annoyed:

ragajungle

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
Gave some Lovin' tro Dylan's Bronco this weekend! Seafoamed, Replaced Alternator, Belts, Oil Change and Pics of the Top.

In WISCONSIN - What 16 year old doesn't redecorate the front of there whip in a snow storm?

Here is "A" pic of the top we fabbed up for Dylans B2 outta a Ranger Tonnueou (SP) cover. More to come-phone died during pictures - sorry

God - I feel like I just did this! I just replaced the ALt on my truck LAST weekend! now doing it on Dylans! LOL- Actually he did it- I was just ther for Moral Support.

ALSO replaced the CAI on his B2

Followed by a nice SEAFOAM!

I'm sure the neighbors will appreciate fewer mosquitoes!

We will be working on welding on the wheel arches for my B2 and the rotten rear frame next weekend-more pics to come

Last edited:

ragajungle

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
ALSO These are the Wheel arches and cab corners coming from SoCo - hopefully in the next week - to cover up rotted azz wheel arches on my B2..

CANT WAIT! :icon_welder::icon_welder::icon_welder:

Mtrhd0024

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Looking good!

I like the idea of the removable roof. I'm just not willing to take a sawzall to my beloved Bronco! :( Or at least my 1990. Its just too clean.

I'm still on the fence about my 89. :dunno:

My 89 can't leak worse than it already does!? :thefinger: :D

ragajungle

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
MORE ADVENTURES In the RUST BELT!!!

So been busy and git to stripping down the truck, as this Friday my buddy is gonna help weld up the body/cab here's the damage I uncovered... For those of you that get squeamish at the site of rust, you may not wish to proceed :icon_twisted:

Notice the crack, Im guessing that when the truck hops in back it is causing these stress fractures...

With all the carpet out you can see just how badly the salt has eatten away at the cab YES-Thats a tire showing through the floor

Daylight under the seats - extra scary...

a pile of rust under drivers floor board

Here all ready for the fabbing

with the tire spare off and everything out the cab raised a good 2 inches..

ALSO the lift kit came today! I decided to paint it up for good measure - not seen (Skyjacker Front Shocks and VR Springs)

ragajungle

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
More RustBelt Adventures (Replaced Main Cab Support)

so bad that I had to prop the truck body up w/ 2x4s

some steal to beef up structure

Removed bumper and rear body crossmember

All back together-rides stiff, but its better than havin to drive 2mph and pray over RR tracks!

NEXT WEEK-Fix the wheel arches and cab corners:icon_thumby:

ragajungle

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
Pic Updates!

It's been a while so a have some updates to post...
Here is the final product for the rear support.

I updated the center console with a cupholder from a 99(?) Ranger

When I changed the rear diff fluid this summer I sanded down and repainted it (I didn't know these were fiberglass!)

Updated the Rad too. I really wanted a dual core again, but the price difference was astounding - and I needed it asap - as it was leaking:

Updated the oil pressure sender - now my gauge works --- I see that I have some coolant leak on there too now (sheesh always something)

New upper and lower ball joints and tierods driver and pass side:

Currently putting on new Radius Arm Bushings:

And here is how Dyl was driving his Bronc around until we finally got a new door and fender on it...

Here are the boys trying to figure out how to replace the window regulator

I shrunk these pics down, hopefully they aren't gigantic like some of the previous ones.

ragajungle

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
Dang it! There all giant! Does anyone know why the "resize" thingy on photobucket doesn't work? I'll have to re-resize them again uhg

59bisquik

April 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
I like the bronco chop top! I dont think I have seen anyone try that before! Maybe a big piece of tinted plexiglass or lexan with a nice rubber seal would be the ticket. :icon_thumby:

ragajungle

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
Bisquick: It is AWESOME in the summer and DRY weather but is a PITA in anything but. Our next step is tinted lexon... As of right now it is a ranger tonnue cover salvaged from a wreck for $50\\Thanks for lookin!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals