• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Mysterious Leaking Fluid

Onebadezgo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Good Day Rangerstation members has anyonne encountered anything like this on their truck.

The Truck is: 2003 ranger, 3.0/manual trans, reg cab, 2wd. 54,000 miles

I went to change a flat on my drivers front side and noticed what looked like brake fluid leaking from the mess of brake lines next to the ABS controller. Checked the brake fluid resivior and it was full:icon_confused: It must have leaked damn near a full beer can, it was everywhere.

Any Ideas?

Note: Clutch was working fine, plenty of power steering fluid in resivior, And noticed that there was alot of poping in what felt like the suspension, started bout Month and a half ago, Are the stock shocks on these things hydralic?

Thank You for your time.

Plum Ranger XLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I had a similar thing happen to me with the 1984 Ranger I once owned. When I would haul something heavy in the bed, fluid would get all over the underside of the bed and couldn't find where it was coming from, so changed the rear shocks and problem solved. So check to see if that shock is leaking any fluid.

Onebadezgo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yeah i figured the shocks could be it theyre stock with 54000 miles and making some noise. Might as well get that Camburg lift kit ive been dreaming of. Plus thats the only place that I could think of thatd blow oil everywhere and not show in one of the resivoirs.

Thanks for your input.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Here's something might help in the future...when trying to find a leak...providing there are no huge puddles you go through...try tying a rag around suspected parts...such as the bottom of the shock or around a brake component...and if you find more fluid on the rag after a short ride you can narrow it down to that part...and maybe even tell what type of fluid it is if you use a white rag...

Onebadezgo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Here's something might help in the future...when trying to find a leak...providing there are no huge puddles you go through...try tying a rag around suspected parts...such as the bottom of the shock or around a brake component...and if you find more fluid on the rag after a short ride you can narrow it down to that part...and maybe even tell what type of fluid it is if you use a white rag...
Oh neat thanks, I learn something new everyday on this frickin site.

Anyone else have any input on this situation?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals