• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Adding a YORK 210 Air Compressor to the 5.0L w/ PICS

2Krngr

Parts Hoarder
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000 Supercab
Make / Model
Stepside
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.0L GT40
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Though I would share a couple pics of the install I did of a York 210 Air Compressor onto a 5.0L..

I make a simple bracket to bolt the York onto the engine where the power steering pump used to be. It mounts between the top two a/c compressor bolts, and a tab down behind it to the head.

I cut the stock power steering bracket off of the drivers side, trimmed it down and welded it onto the passenger side underneath of the the alternator. Which fit great.

This kept the York pulley in the same location the power steering pump was, and conveniently relocated the power steering pump to have the belt pulled up between the lower idler pulley and the tensioner pulley with plenty of belt wrap on the ps pump.

I also moved the coilpack bracket over some for clearance, and then lowered it quite a bit mainly because I though it looked better..

After trying a few different belts I found the GATES K061187 was a perfect fit.

Pretty easy and very cheap way to add a great engine driven Air Compressor the 5.0L for air suspension or for offroading.

Last edited:

2Krngr

Parts Hoarder
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000 Supercab
Make / Model
Stepside
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.0L GT40
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD

Last edited:

2Krngr

Parts Hoarder
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000 Supercab
Make / Model
Stepside
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.0L GT40
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals