• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ragajungles Bronco II Diary

ragajungle

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
It all started out with a sad, sad, saaaad little bronco II and some bar stool talk... $500, oh fer sure I could git that off yer hans (hiccup)
notice the duck stickers LOL

the leaf springs were so bunk they actually looked like they were perpetually frowning

But once I drove this truck I hada instant connection. The motor was tight, the 5 spd was smooth, and it sipped gas - not to mention I found some kick azz lures init! Not long after my nephew turned 16 and his dad got him this awful Nissan Sentra thing that lasted all but a week. So being cool unc I gave him the B2 and so his love affair began (he's yet to get a profile on here, but he will soon). Before I gave it to him though I did the explorer leaf swap, fitted it with some newer-ish explorer rims and did ball joints-tie rods, battery, shocks, etc.. all the stuff that neede to be corrected so 16 year old will see 17...

all cleaned up

got drunk and removed the roof - beer+sawzall=roofless B2.. Actaully fabbed up a fiberglass top and weather stripping and it seals up nice.

With the exp rims (before the leaf swap) Saggy Saggy Saggy

During leaf swap

More Leaf action (sorry crummy phone pics)

Like just about every B2 this one's leaf cracked on the driverside (mine did the same thing, same spot-not sure if it is a rust belt issue or a B2 issue)

When I gave him the truck I started looking for another B2 and just around the corner from my GFs house I saw one parked with weeds growing up all around it so I stopped, knocked and asked...couldnt hurt. The gut sold it to me for $650 and it dint run. I turned the key and dint hear the Fuel Pump so I checked the cutoff, not that, checked the fuses under hood and under dash, Nope, got under it and jiggled the harness, YUP (that satisfying zzzzzzzzzzzzt ensued :yahoo:)

I changed the oil and drove it up north to the Wiisconsin Dells for an archery meet and some camping, ran like a champ. It really didnt need a whole lot of work until I drove it off road one time. Wow rust sucks.... I really miss living in SC. Rust is not an option (not like here anyways) So here's some pics of the leaf swap that turned into 6 mos in the garage...
before the wheel fell off LOL!

Just got puppy fixed and had her in dog diapers and a space collar thingy so they dont pick, bite etc... warmed up the truck in garage as it was -12 out, had sweat pants and hoody on going to the quicky to get coffee on sunday and the wheel fell off. I cracked open the door to look n the dog jetted. Retard dog running down highway in collar and diapers n me chasing after her in flip flops and sweatin bacardi from the nite before..

after wheel split (lugs losened)

I hada fab up some pieces to go on the frame as the shakle hanger kit came from a ranger and the bolt holes are different...Also snapped a shock stud and had to grind out the old one fun fun fun

remounted the new shock hanger with grade 8s from Menards and installed new shocks
I dint get a chance to take pics right after the new leafs were installed but I took some today when I put the new alt, batt n cables in..

Installing new alternator battery n cables today...

I also Installed a rear aux power point - got it from a Windstar, also plan to put and additional one up frony under the wiper switch. It's gota nice little spring loaded top on it

Last week I did the three in blocks on the rear end so I needed shocks that would fit better. I mdidnt wanna do blocks but I had duals put on it and when I took it on the trails every bump I hit the rear ujoint was hittin the one pipe. I didn't have the heart to go back and tell them they need to gut it so I jacked it. I Plan to get rid of the blocks and just do a big ole helper sping pack...
heres some pics of the block, shocks and exhaust..

I also got rid of the pepsi-clear-esq broncoII logo and did the older style one.

We've come a long way, but have so far to go....
The next most pressing project...

It has gotten so bad after my last trip on the trails in the Dells that the rear of the truck jumps if I ti a bump - like the outside of the truck jumps but the seats in back are good. Scary.
The QPs are rotted all the way through both sides. I picked up some extruded c channel steel and some angle iron and found a shop that would weld it up right.
I need to find some good QPs --- LMC discontinued them and I really don't wanna pay $169 for the whole QP..
more pics to come! Anyone with a set of QP partials please pm me!
Most of this I would have never done if it wasn't for TRS Tech page and for all the folks on here that did so many great write upsQ Thanks!

Last edited:

84bluebronco2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Pretty awesome build. I wish my uncle kept his 89 B2 for me. It' was the exact same colors as yours. I want a red interior sooooo bad, but alas, mine is blue.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Need MOAR PICS. I wanna see this fiberglass roof that you built.

ragajungle

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
Need MOAR PICS. I wanna see this fiberglass roof that you built.
Haha right now the nephew is MIA. After school let out he hit the road. All I know is my sister keeps callin me an harping "That G*damn top you made is layin in the back yard and the inside is gonna get moldy, nag, nag, nag" I have some pics for the first top we tried (an failed miserably) we did a vinyl top with snaps - but then it rained and became a giant pool LOL. The new top I made from a ranger tah-no teannue \\cant spell it// that bolts on w/ 6 bolts n wing nuts. I wanted him to come over during the 4th weekend to do hood pins instead of bolts but he's MIA.

It is such a blast to drive with no roof, and the cool side windows and most of the integrity is still there too. When I finally track him down I'll get pics of the top on it.

Clay Lorance

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.6 V8
Transmission
Automatic
Nice 2nd gen BII, what else you got planned for it. Just out of curiosity.:icon_welder:

84bluebronco2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I just noticed that your nephew's interior is brown?? I thought it was only tan, gray, black, blue, or red?

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I think that's a red interior in crappy lighting.

ragajungle

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
I think that's a red interior in crappy lighting.
crappy lighting along with crapy cell phone make for crapy pics. It is red, i musta shampood it 12 times - it used to be brown lol.

Right now the BII is my only car I sold my explorer it had 300K miles on it and last feb my 07 Taurus got repo-ed so I am relying on it as a daily driver til I can get another explorer. immediate plans are to get the body bolted down.

its gotten so bad after my trail expedition up north that the body is literally hopping off the back of the truck, some serious fabrication is needed ASAP to keep her on the road. After that - I'm gonna focus on getting new cab corners, fixing the rear QP and I have a 4" lift coming next week-some new coils and front shocks.

Hotrods'n'harleys sons truck is what I wanna do. Absolutely beautiful set up, which I will be COPYING! not really, well sorta his truck is identical to mine less the Wisconsin rust.
http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86022

as far as my nephews truck - he leaves for college in Sept so I will be taking that and probably doing the full chop it. He'll only be using it in the summer and spring break - so - why not eh? lots a pics to come for sure.

if any fabricator in WI is on here I need a :icon_welder: stat. I'm sure the metal fab shop will have to take one of my arms to fix this truck...

bonedoc

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, durasparked, 350 holley, headers, 2 1/2 inch exhaust
Transmission
Automatic
Nice truck, mine started as a project for my stepson about 6 years ago. He moved on to something else about 3 years ago. Since then it has been mine...muahahahaha!!! It has changed drastically since then and will continue to.

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Holy fawking rust, that sucks. None of the four I've had were that bad, but the leaf spring hangers on my '96 Ranger were worse.

I want a red interior sooooo bad, but alas, mine is blue.
:bad: BLUE FTW!

ragajungle

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
Nice truck, mine started as a project for my stepson about 6 years ago. He moved on to something else about 3 years ago. Since then it has been mine...muahahahaha!!! It has changed drastically since then and will continue to.
Got ant pics??

birddog321

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My buddy has a Rat Rod Beetle with a Home made rag top like yours and it gave me many nasty thoughts. He said he was going to ngive me the top he has now for the B2

ragajungle

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
My buddy has a Rat Rod Beetle with a Home made rag top like yours and it gave me many nasty thoughts. He said he was going to ngive me the top he has now for the B2
when I chopped the roof on Dylans B2 I was like "Oh NO! What have I done!" but then I drove it and was like "I made this truck the SHIZZLE!!" It is an absolute blast (until it rained). Right now he is working with his friend that works at West MArine in Racine to make a custom snug canvas top and colapsible frame - like the ones on boats... He'll be making 2 and I will be doing the mod to my truck as well. When and if that becomes a reality There will be PICS.

ragajungle

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
FYI - I'll be in Burlington to work on Nephs truck this week - the alt belt snapped - bad bearing.... So I'll get pics of the Tonnue Top Roof Get-up.

ALSO Got a quote from Metzgir (SP?) Fabricators today to fix the rotten main support beam in the rear of my B2 - $250 includes materials and time. I'll be dropping it off on the 19th of July. He said - don't worry it'll be better than OEM, and well get it beefed up good. I'll be getting pics up soon after.

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant
awsome build!, wish my uncle was 1/4 of you! I got a shit truck but got free parts to rebuild it, and I had to fight to get it from dad =P

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals