• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ranger Raptor renders

blksn8k

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Out of curiosity I wondered how the new Ranger would compare to my 2002 F-150 scab shortbox.

225.5" OAL F-150 / 210" Ranger
79.3" Wide F-150 / 72.8" Ranger
75.5" Tall F-150 / 72.8" Ranger
6.5" width difference is significant for garage space, trail riding, etc. Ford lists the 2018 F-150 width as 79.9" not including the mirrors.

I've owned several full-size Fords and Rangers over the years but I've kept the Sport Trac longer than any of the others. It comes the closest to being the right size for my needs and the T6 Ranger is about as close to that size as I'm going to get.

blksn8k

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
BTW, I'm hearing that the first production Rangers won't come of the line at MAP until Nov 26 which means most dealers probably won't have any on their lots until the end of Jan '19.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
6.5" width difference is significant for garage space, trail riding, etc. Ford lists the 2018 F-150 width as 79.9" not including the mirrors.

I've owned several full-size Fords and Rangers over the years but I've kept the Sport Trac longer than any of the others. It comes the closest to being the right size for my needs and the T6 Ranger is about as close to that size as I'm going to get.
Width is stability, I don't mind it a whole lot. I can nose my F-150 in the garage fine, too far and I will rip the light off the ceiling and no matter what I am 80% sure the door won't close because of length.

My Ranger lives in there but it would be nice to be able to work on my dd inside if I need to.

Lengthwise it is tight with my std cab longbox Ranger... so it might not be much of an overall gain anyway.

blksn8k

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Width is stability, I don't mind it a whole lot. I can nose my F-150 in the garage fine, too far and I will rip the light off the ceiling and no matter what I am 80% sure the door won't close because of length.

My Ranger lives in there but it would be nice to be able to work on my dd inside if I need to.

Lengthwise it is tight with my std cab longbox Ranger... so it might not be much of an overall gain anyway.
My old house in OH had a one car attached garage with an 8 ft wide door. I couldn't get an F-series inside safely without folding one of the mirrors and then once inside I could barely get out of the truck. Not cool in the middle of winter. I no longer have that problem at my new house but I still don't need a monster truck.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My old house in OH had a one car attached garage with an 8 ft wide door. I couldn't get an F-series inside safely without folding one of the mirrors and then once inside I could barely get out of the truck. Not cool in the middle of winter. I no longer have that problem at my new house but I still don't need a monster truck.
My DD sits out year 'round... which actually is pretty cool in the winter. :icon_thumby:

My current Ranger will always and forever be inside.

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
What's crazy is all these older homes with 1-car garages that were built in the 50's and 60's. Considering the size of cars back then, they all look like the cars should have barely fit.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
What's crazy is all these older homes with 1-car garages that were built in the 50's and 60's. Considering the size of cars back then, they all look like the cars should have barely fit.
Narrow curbed highways too. We have one yet. It is hard enough to herd my Ranger down, I couldn't imagine getting an old boat squeezed down it.

blksn8k

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
My DD sits out year 'round... which actually is pretty cool in the winter. :icon_thumby:

My current Ranger will always and forever be inside.
What does 5.0 HO wannabe in your sig mean? Do you have a 5.0 in it?

My first Ranger was a 2wd '83 long bed with a 2.3L and auto trans. I bought it as a winter beater but I hate boring vehicles so it wasn't long before I yanked all that crap out and replaced it with a warmed over 5.0L from a '79 Mustang and a T-5 from an '88 Mustang GT. It was no longer boring. :D

Edit: I just went back and read your build thread and checked out the pics on flickr. Nice job. Brought back lots of memories. I was particularly interested in how you handled the hoses on the remote oil filter adapter. Mine gave me issues due to the hose clamp connections that came with the original kit. I eventually replaced those with crimped fitting hoses similar to yours. My 302 had too much oil pressure for the hose clamp nonsense.

Last edited:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
What does 5.0 HO wannabe in your sig mean? Do you have a 5.0 in it?
It has a standard 5.0 I added a HO cam and heads (E7's) to.

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
T6 Ranger size compared to 2006-10 Explorer Sport Trac; images are same scale more/less:

I couldn't find a great front view of the T-6 (in white), but the width of T6 (Mexico) is 72.8"; last generation Sport Trac was 73.7"

Tow rating for the Mexico T6 is 7,700 lbs which exactly matches the Colorado.

Given 5,200lb F-150s are rated to tow, >12k trailer, the T6 at 4,600lbs is underrated by current standards.

My mistake on the 3.3/10R80; I knew all Mustangs with auto came with 10R80s now; I didn't know they had dropped the V-6 from the 'stang line up. (Should have done my homework).

Attachment
I think the SC is a nicer looking machine. I may be biased, I did own a '08 SC and loved it. Never even seen a T6 until about the time all this "NEW RANGER" buzz started.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals