View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 04:32 AM   #5
MountainMike

Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Sport Trac
I use this vehicle for: Truckin'
My credo: The fun begins where the pavement ends
MountainMike has much to be proud ofMountainMike has much to be proud ofMountainMike has much to be proud ofMountainMike has much to be proud ofMountainMike has much to be proud ofMountainMike has much to be proud ofMountainMike has much to be proud ofMountainMike has much to be proud of

Tonight I started with the teardown of the bike.

But first here are a couple pictures of my ThumperTalk skidplate, it was my first purchase for this bike and admittedly the most useful.

Here is the factory exhaust I will be replacing with the FMF slip-on. The factory one is known to be fairly restrictive and very heavy.

The exhaust that will be replacing it!

One thing I've always found about this bike is that the horn is in a ridiculous looking place, it looks very tacked on.

So I am going to extend the wires and hide it here, behind my headlight. Just need to drill a small hole in the bracket.

Various tear down pictures.

Notice anything missing

My ingenious idea to drain the fuel tank, I'm bringing it down to work to get the bright orange safety decal removed.

Here's a mock-up of the look I'm going for, this is with the Acerbis fender and headlamp surround from Dad's '08 DR400SM. That's the bike I am loosely replicating.

Stayed tuned for more updates, I'm picking up a few necessities tomorrow to keep this project rolling

My New Sport Trac <-Click
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyO View Post
WWTRSD?

Last edited by MountainMike; 02-12-2011 at 04:37 AM.
MountainMike is offline   Reply With Quote