Vehicle Year: 1987
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger XLT
I use this vehicle for: Mind Restoration
1qaz has a spectacular aura about1qaz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie View Post
GRATS!!

Car show scoring/entry cats can be a joke. I agree with open to present shouldn't include anything under past 20 years... i see way too many from 5 years ago... no offence but... so what....

2nd beef is a ford body with a chevy engine.... those are my walk bys.... I don't even bother looking as soon as i see the bow tie....

and my 3rd biggest bitch is that there needs to be a complete different class, back yard built and shop built.... any one can take a frame and beat up body to a shop and drop a credit card down and say build me this.... versus a guy who beats his knuckles to a pulp every weekend in his back yard....

Cheers!!! and keep going, your truck is a nice piece of history.
Thanks Angie! Every car show is subjective...loved your 'rant' and point of view.

==============

Have been on a hunt for the correct front grille emblem and finally found a NOS one (bottom emblem in pic below)!! Ford darkened the shade of blue in 1989 (top emblem).

Part numbers for anyone interested.

Backside view for those wanting to know how it attaches...two 'locking' type nuts...have seen the aftermath of many pry off attempts in the salvage yards.

Seems like a small thing but...back to factory specs!

Total cost: $7

Took her to another car show (pre-emblem replacement) to support a local high school band. About 100 cars and they had a class for stock trucks - all years. She took third behind the 1976 F250 Ranger in the background and a pristine 1994 Chevy 4x4 that looks showroom new. There were 7 trucks in the class to include a near-perfect 1964 Studebaker (in the foreground). Not sure how it did not win. Again, all shows are subjective.

Last edited by 1qaz; 09-02-2017 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Typo correction
1qaz is offline   Reply With Quote