View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 05:49 PM   #24
skippy

Vehicle Year: 1983
Vehicle Make: ford
Vehicle Model: ranger xlt
I use this vehicle for: building carbon debits
skippy is a glorious beacon of lightskippy is a glorious beacon of lightskippy is a glorious beacon of lightskippy is a glorious beacon of lightskippy is a glorious beacon of lightskippy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKG View Post
It's true. I've seen some really bizarre behavior from hosed battery cables and especially body grounds.

My former Bronco II was once getting negative oxygen sensor readings at the computer (curiously, it didn't flip a lean code, though it really should have -- it just fouled plugs). Turned out to be a poor body ground that let the HEGO sensor float a little with respect to the PCM.

It's gotten to the point that a new-to-me vehicle gets its charging system worked over, first thing. The Exploder didn't pass and I ended up replacing both battery cables (voltage drop on cranking). Emissions tests sure work better that way....
i'll be damned,battery cables?i've been chasing grounds all around this thing while waiting for the ford tech manuals to get here.the original cables are on it and look ok,any idea what the risistance should be through factory cables?

Colt .45,don't leave home without it. What's in your holster?
I don't hate often but when I do it's libtards.
I may be found dead in a ditch,but i'll be laying in a pile of brass.
skippy is offline   Reply With Quote