Home Ford Ranger Forum Builders Guide How To Tech Other Articles Featured Rangers Readers Rangers Classifieds Shirts & Decals

 

Go Back   The Ranger Station Forums > Truck Discussions (Not for tech help - Use Help Forums further down) > Upcoming 2019 Ford Ranger

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2018, 09:01 AM   #11
85_Ranger4x4
December 2013 OTOTM





 
85_Ranger4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Between Omaha & Des Moines
Posts: 17,417
Vehicle Year: 1985
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger
I use this vehicle for: A weapon of massive consumption.
Rep Power: 10
85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002edgeplussupercab View Post
Would be dangerous to tow 7000 pounds with a small truck.
Truck ain't that small, a tad smaller than a 1997-2003 F-series. I tow 7K with my '02 F-150 quite a bit.

It would be about right for the class, Taco is rated 6500 and I think the Colorado is in the neighborhood too.
__________________
1985 Ford Ranger Custom, 4x4, PA 3" BL, 5.0HO, M5R2, Twin-Stick NP205, 31 spline T/L 8.8 w/ disc brakes.

Check out my Build Thread

Check out my NAIAS Ranger Trip

"I have not failed. I have just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas A. Edison.
85_Ranger4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement - Don't want to see the forum ads? Click HERE to find out how to be a Supporting Member.


5% Discount Code: 01783FE29A6986 Expires: December 30, 2018
Old 01-03-2018, 11:59 AM   #12
don4331
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 602
Vehicle Year: 1999
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger
Rep Power: 15
don4331 is a jewel in the roughdon4331 is a jewel in the roughdon4331 is a jewel in the roughdon4331 is a jewel in the rough
Default

T6 Ranger size compared to 2006-10 Explorer Sport Trac; images are same scale more/less:

I couldn't find a great front view of the T-6 (in white), but the width of T6 (Mexico) is 72.8"; last generation Sport Trac was 73.7"

Tow rating for the Mexico T6 is 7,700 lbs which exactly matches the Colorado.

Given 5,200lb F-150s are rated to tow, >12k trailer, the T6 at 4,600lbs is underrated by current standards.

My mistake on the 3.3/10R80; I knew all Mustangs with auto came with 10R80s now; I didn't know they had dropped the V-6 from the 'stang line up. (Should have done my homework).

Attachment
Attached Images
 
don4331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:55 PM   #13
blksn8k
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Punxsutawney, PA
Posts: 113
Vehicle Year: 2007
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Sport Trac
Rep Power: 3
blksn8k is on a distinguished road
Default

Nice comparison, don. Thanks.
blksn8k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 11:43 PM   #14
bobbywalter
RBV Technical Advisor


 
bobbywalter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: woodhaven mi
Posts: 17,640
Vehicle Year: 1988
Vehicle Make: FORD
Vehicle Model: RANGERISH SORT OF THING
I use this vehicle for: EVERYTHING
My credo: it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
Rep Power: 67
bobbywalter is a splendid one to beholdbobbywalter is a splendid one to beholdbobbywalter is a splendid one to beholdbobbywalter is a splendid one to beholdbobbywalter is a splendid one to beholdbobbywalter is a splendid one to beholdbobbywalter is a splendid one to beholdbobbywalter is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002edgeplussupercab View Post
Would be dangerous to tow 7000 pounds with a small truck.
with a crew ranger???? cake.
__________________
88 ranger ext cab low rider 4x4 propelled by 395 cubes of of non turbo SLOBBERIN DIESEL...BLAHHH...motating a 4l80 thats AUTHORITATIVELY turnin a ford 208 spinning 410 open dana 60s and whatever tire suits the mood that day. how ya like me now?
bobbywalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 11:00 PM   #15
85_Ranger4x4
December 2013 OTOTM





 
85_Ranger4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Between Omaha & Des Moines
Posts: 17,417
Vehicle Year: 1985
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger
I use this vehicle for: A weapon of massive consumption.
Rep Power: 10
85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by don4331 View Post
T6 Ranger size compared to 2006-10 Explorer Sport Trac; images are same scale more/less:

I couldn't find a great front view of the T-6 (in white), but the width of T6 (Mexico) is 72.8"; last generation Sport Trac was 73.7"

Tow rating for the Mexico T6 is 7,700 lbs which exactly matches the Colorado.

Given 5,200lb F-150s are rated to tow, >12k trailer, the T6 at 4,600lbs is underrated by current standards.

My mistake on the 3.3/10R80; I knew all Mustangs with auto came with 10R80s now; I didn't know they had dropped the V-6 from the 'stang line up. (Should have done my homework).

Attachment
Out of curiosity I wondered how the new Ranger would compare to my 2002 F-150 scab shortbox.

225.5" OAL F-150 / 210" Ranger
79.3" Wide F-150 / 72.8" Ranger
75.5" Tall F-150 / 72.8" Ranger
__________________
1985 Ford Ranger Custom, 4x4, PA 3" BL, 5.0HO, M5R2, Twin-Stick NP205, 31 spline T/L 8.8 w/ disc brakes.

Check out my Build Thread

Check out my NAIAS Ranger Trip

"I have not failed. I have just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas A. Edison.
85_Ranger4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 01:21 PM   #16
blksn8k
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Punxsutawney, PA
Posts: 113
Vehicle Year: 2007
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Sport Trac
Rep Power: 3
blksn8k is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85_Ranger4x4 View Post
Out of curiosity I wondered how the new Ranger would compare to my 2002 F-150 scab shortbox.

225.5" OAL F-150 / 210" Ranger
79.3" Wide F-150 / 72.8" Ranger
75.5" Tall F-150 / 72.8" Ranger
6.5" width difference is significant for garage space, trail riding, etc. Ford lists the 2018 F-150 width as 79.9" not including the mirrors.

I've owned several full-size Fords and Rangers over the years but I've kept the Sport Trac longer than any of the others. It comes the closest to being the right size for my needs and the T6 Ranger is about as close to that size as I'm going to get.
blksn8k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 01:37 PM   #17
blksn8k
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Punxsutawney, PA
Posts: 113
Vehicle Year: 2007
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Sport Trac
Rep Power: 3
blksn8k is on a distinguished road
Default

BTW, I'm hearing that the first production Rangers won't come of the line at MAP until Nov 26 which means most dealers probably won't have any on their lots until the end of Jan '19.
blksn8k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 02:06 PM   #18
85_Ranger4x4
December 2013 OTOTM





 
85_Ranger4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Between Omaha & Des Moines
Posts: 17,417
Vehicle Year: 1985
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger
I use this vehicle for: A weapon of massive consumption.
Rep Power: 10
85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blksn8k View Post
6.5" width difference is significant for garage space, trail riding, etc. Ford lists the 2018 F-150 width as 79.9" not including the mirrors.

I've owned several full-size Fords and Rangers over the years but I've kept the Sport Trac longer than any of the others. It comes the closest to being the right size for my needs and the T6 Ranger is about as close to that size as I'm going to get.
Width is stability, I don't mind it a whole lot. I can nose my F-150 in the garage fine, too far and I will rip the light off the ceiling and no matter what I am 80% sure the door won't close because of length.

My Ranger lives in there but it would be nice to be able to work on my dd inside if I need to.

Lengthwise it is tight with my std cab longbox Ranger... so it might not be much of an overall gain anyway.
__________________
1985 Ford Ranger Custom, 4x4, PA 3" BL, 5.0HO, M5R2, Twin-Stick NP205, 31 spline T/L 8.8 w/ disc brakes.

Check out my Build Thread

Check out my NAIAS Ranger Trip

"I have not failed. I have just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas A. Edison.
85_Ranger4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 03:49 PM   #19
blksn8k
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Punxsutawney, PA
Posts: 113
Vehicle Year: 2007
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Sport Trac
Rep Power: 3
blksn8k is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85_Ranger4x4 View Post
Width is stability, I don't mind it a whole lot. I can nose my F-150 in the garage fine, too far and I will rip the light off the ceiling and no matter what I am 80% sure the door won't close because of length.

My Ranger lives in there but it would be nice to be able to work on my dd inside if I need to.

Lengthwise it is tight with my std cab longbox Ranger... so it might not be much of an overall gain anyway.
My old house in OH had a one car attached garage with an 8 ft wide door. I couldn't get an F-series inside safely without folding one of the mirrors and then once inside I could barely get out of the truck. Not cool in the middle of winter. I no longer have that problem at my new house but I still don't need a monster truck.
blksn8k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 04:08 PM   #20
85_Ranger4x4
December 2013 OTOTM





 
85_Ranger4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Between Omaha & Des Moines
Posts: 17,417
Vehicle Year: 1985
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger
I use this vehicle for: A weapon of massive consumption.
Rep Power: 10
85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blksn8k View Post
My old house in OH had a one car attached garage with an 8 ft wide door. I couldn't get an F-series inside safely without folding one of the mirrors and then once inside I could barely get out of the truck. Not cool in the middle of winter. I no longer have that problem at my new house but I still don't need a monster truck.
My DD sits out year 'round... which actually is pretty cool in the winter.

My current Ranger will always and forever be inside.
__________________
1985 Ford Ranger Custom, 4x4, PA 3" BL, 5.0HO, M5R2, Twin-Stick NP205, 31 spline T/L 8.8 w/ disc brakes.

Check out my Build Thread

Check out my NAIAS Ranger Trip

"I have not failed. I have just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas A. Edison.
85_Ranger4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ranger raptor grill Go2fasteddie Exterior 15 11-10-2017 11:49 PM
Ranger/Raptor primo Introduce Yourself 9 08-13-2015 09:45 PM
Ranger to raptor mmike619 Exterior 6 03-29-2014 08:19 PM
Ranger Vs Raptor ( My Encounter ) R***A**N**G**E***R General Discussions 23 02-01-2011 01:37 PM
Raptor or Ranger DavidNJ Ford News & Ford Tech - Employee Forum 25 08-14-2009 07:23 AM




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:21 AM.




© 1999-2018 / 959 Media LLC / All Rights Reserved