Home Ford Ranger Forum Builders Guide How To Tech Other Articles Featured Rangers Readers Rangers Classifieds Shirts & Decals

Go Back   The Ranger Station Forums > Help Forums - Styling & Electrical > Lighting/Illumination

Notices

Lighting/Illumination This forum is for headlamps, auxillary lighting, interior lighting, and LED conversions.

Old 02-07-2018, 12:42 AM   #11
alwaysFlOoReD
Super Moderator

Vehicle Year: '91, '94, '80
Vehicle Make: Ford, GMC
Vehicle Model: Ranger, Ranger, Grumman Kurbmaster
I use this vehicle for: 4x4 race, 4x4, Work
alwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud of

Yeah, I hate blue. especially when combined with red....lol. Any way, I'm glad you took the time to aim them. Good job.

5% Discount Code: 01783FE29A6986 Expires: December 30, 2018
Old 02-07-2018, 03:34 AM   #12
lvwill

Vehicle Year: 1992
Vehicle Make: ford
Vehicle Model: ranger
I use this vehicle for: stress control
lvwill is on a distinguished road

My job as a truck driver requires me to drive at night in very dark areas. And I can tell you from experience that it's not all about the adjustment of the lights that makes them really annoying.
lvwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 08:19 AM   #13
fastpakr
Super Moderator

Vehicle Year: 1999
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger
fastpakr is a jewel in the roughfastpakr is a jewel in the roughfastpakr is a jewel in the roughfastpakr is a jewel in the rough

Kudos on a proper projector retrofit. I think you did well.
Old 02-07-2018, 09:05 AM   #14
SVTCop

Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle Model: Ranger V8 swapped
SVTCop is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvwill View Post
My job as a truck driver requires me to drive at night in very dark areas. And I can tell you from experience that it's not all about the adjustment of the lights that makes them really annoying.
You mean all cars with projectors bother you? Is it the light output?
SVTCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 03:07 PM   #15
lvwill

It's not just the projectors. It's halogens as well. There is a reason alot of the lights are labeled as off road only. The problem is that when you are driving in an extremely dark area your eyes get adjusted to the dark. When extremely bright lights are coming towards you it pretty much makes your own lights useless for several seconds. And then it takes several more seconds for them to recover after the car goes by. Under certain conditions it really doesn't matter how they are adjusted at all like a divided hiway and there is a difference in elevation between the lanes.

Now on the other hand it looks like you did a great job on the upgrade and took the time to get the adjustment right. Not a lot of people would have taken the time to do that.
Old 02-07-2018, 03:10 PM   #16
fastpakr
Super Moderator

Vehicle Year: 1999
Vehicle Model: Ranger
fastpakr is a jewel in the roughfastpakr is a jewel in the roughfastpakr is a jewel in the roughfastpakr is a jewel in the rough

That's the point here - he didn't just use HID bulbs in stock housings. These appear to be true HID projectors retrofitted into the unit, so the light quality should be equivalent to an OEM setup.
Old 02-07-2018, 03:42 PM   #17
lvwill

Looks like he did a great job with the upgrade. My point on the whole light deal is what may be bright enough for you may be seriously detrimental to the other drivers on the road. IMO the oems are actually going to far with the lights in some cases.

I really don't want to start an argument here it's just my opinion as someone who drives about 70,000 miles a year at night through a very dark Arizona desert.
Old 02-07-2018, 03:53 PM   #18
SVTCop

Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle Model: Ranger V8 swapped
SVTCop is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvwill View Post
Looks like he did a great job with the upgrade. My point on the whole light deal is what may be bright enough for you may be seriously detrimental to the other drivers on the road. IMO the oems are actually going to far with the lights in some cases.

I really don't want to start an argument here it's just my opinion as someone who drives about 70,000 miles a year at night through a very dark Arizona desert.
That makes sense. My Lincoln MKx has SUPER bright HID's. I mean BRIGHT.
SVTCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 04:02 PM   #19
lvwill

That's exactly what I'm talking about. Even some of the tail lights are getting out of hand.