• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Upper control arms - help

Joeshark

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hey guys,

I went to mechanic to change out upper control arms today. Unfortunately couldn't because the bolts holding the arms are frozen in.

The mechanic is taking about touching the bolts off. Is this reasonable?

Next I am in need of the bolts to replace, to attach new control arms obviously. I went to Ford & the bolts were crazy price.
Luckily my parts guy there is super cool & steered me too using a camber kit to replace these bolts?

My suspension is coil springs & stock.

These kits say they fit, any thoughts?

ACDelco 45K18011 Professional Front Caster/Camber Cam Kit with Bolts, Washers, Nuts, and Eccentrics https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000C9MPIE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_N4TQBb45YE38W

Mevotech MK80065 Alignment Camber Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001CA22SA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_64TQBb6G56KP4

Correct me if I'm wrong please, I also need one kit per wheel?

Thanks for any help!!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

pjtoledo

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fords
Engine Size
3.0 2.3
the camber bolt kits work fine, same kit for all, 2wd or 4wd.

those bolts rust in there realllll good, and access is limited. not an easy job.

last weekend I remover the upper arms on a '99. bolts were rusted solid.
this was a special case, I had already pulled the wrecked body off so the frame was fully exposed.

ground thru the ring portion of the arms top and bottom so they would fall off the bushing. then cut thru the outer shell of the bushing to remove it. then carved away the rubber, then ground the inner sleeve. the heat released the bolt and it slid out.

a torch would have made it a lot easier. the only issue with a torch is the rubber will burn. a skilled torcher can do the job with ease.

Joeshark

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
the camber bolt kits work fine, same kit for all, 2wd or 4wd.

those bolts rust in there realllll good, and access is limited. not an easy job.

last weekend I remover the upper arms on a '99. bolts were rusted solid.
this was a special case, I had already pulled the wrecked body off so the frame was fully exposed.

ground thru the ring portion of the arms top and bottom so they would fall off the bushing. then cut thru the outer shell of the bushing to remove it. then carved away the rubber, then ground the inner sleeve. the heat released the bolt and it slid out.

a torch would have made it a lot easier. the only issue with a torch is the rubber will burn. a skilled torcher can do the job with ease.
[emoji15] Wow & thanks PJ!!! Going to order the kits right now.
Thanks for the quick reply, really appreciate it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals