• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Vintage Ford accessories Prerunner Bumper

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Help Straycat out!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, Guys!!! First one to help me locate this Factory Item gets $150.00. I really mean this....I bought a new in the box Prerunner bumper from Ford (my dealership where I bought my new 99 Ranger). I had bought a brand new 89 Bronco II there and back in 99 I still had my Bronco II when I bought my Ranger. I went in to the parts department to see a guy about a used Warn winch he had. He took me in the back area of the building and while we were there I saw a pallet of parts in boxes all wrapped up in shrink wrap. I asked him what the parts were and he said they are obsolete stuff that have had for so long and never sold. He said they were going to a place in California. I poked around and saw a box that said Prerunnr bar. I asked him about it and he pulled the pallet apart and got it out. It was a Ford Accessories item for a Bronco II or a Ranger (bumper mounts are very close). Well I bought it for $75.00. It came with a nice super made aluminum skid plate and mounts for off road lights. The box had just a spot of water damage and the install sheet got a bit damp but that was all that was wrong with it.

Here is is:

I put it together and painted it:

Here is the install sheet. Very large photos guys.....

You can see the part number on it. If anybody here can help me locate another one of these I pay a bonus fee to that person (after I get the bumper). I really mean this, too!!! There has got to be somebody here that is good with Ford part numbers or may know where to locate obsolete parts. I sold this bumper about 5 years ago and I am still kicking myself in the ass for doing it. I just was not sure if I was going to use it. I sold it on Ebay!! I got a really good price for it as well. I should have kept that guys name and email address and I just did not to it!!!! AHHHHh!!

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Ford part number HIS-5960-A as far as I can see in the first photo of the install sheet. That seems to say, I believe HIS??

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Holy crap that thing looks awesome. I wouldnt mind having one of those if fits a third gen.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8 v6
Transmission
Manual
i think i seen one of these on a 2nd gen ex cab ranger in town ill check tomorrow cuz he parks in the same place all the time if it looks close ill take a pic and post it here

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
I took off the bumper of my 99 Ranger and placed it up with the help of a buddy and the darn thing would work on my truck. I would have to make two small brackets to make it a perfect fit...but, I could have used it. I just put the task on hold for about two years and never did anything with it but sell it later on. That skid plate was so cool. And this was a Ford accessories item!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals