• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1988 BII Build

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
i'll keep that in mind. i may want stuff shiney if i repaint the old gal.

i've gotten the itch to chop the top lately.....i've tried to shake it but i cant. i wanna graft a ranger bed/tailgate on the back and then cut down a camper shell to put on it, plus a roll cage. we'll see, need to get it on the road first

BlackBII

Ranger Custom
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
I wanted to chop the top on my BII for a long time...Shame I don't have one anymore.

I have seen a lot of good and bad chops, just take your time to make it look nice!

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
Great. Now I'm gonna end up polishing my tai lights tonight...

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
I think I'm going to be picking up some penetrol now....

I hate the look of the old faded light assemblies.... I have a buffing wheel for a drill and a bottle of plastx already, just need to dig out my old corded drill from wherever it's hiding. I tried my cordless but I think the corded may work a little better and I think my heavy Milwalkee right angle drill is a little overkill, lol.

Good work on the lights guys!

As far as a choptop goes.... PLEASE do it right the first time. I've been dealing with a butchered chop and I still haven't decided how best to fix it yet.

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
do it.........i did my B2 tail lights, headlights on my EX and the headlights on my wifes car in about 15 mins and that included taking the B2 lights out and putting them back

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
My headlights and markers are fine. They've been replaced. Have the LMC clear headlights. My taillights are still factory(which I think is kinda cool, I'm a sucker for old stock parts sometimes lol)

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
As far as a choptop goes.... PLEASE do it right the first time. I've been dealing with a butchered chop and I still haven't decided how best to fix it yet.
definitely, i'm not driving something around that looks like shit. if/when i do it, i'm going to copy what another member "ilovemybroncoii" did. (if yall remember him, he was the guy that would post stuff and not use any punctuation marks at all) i'll see if i can find some pics.

My headlights and markers are fine. They've been replaced. Have the LMC clear headlights. My taillights are still factory(which I think is kinda cool, I'm a sucker for old stock parts sometimes lol)
my side markers dont even work, i may just fill them in, havent decided yet. i plan on getting the headlights that you have though, that's why i didnt shine the one currently on there.

oh and i guess i should also mention, my parents have a neighbor that has a green 91-94 explorer, he's had it as long as i can remember. it's been parked out front of his house for months now. i dont know if there's something wrong with it, but i've been thinking about asking what he wants for it so i can do a 4.0 swap finally

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
haha, i vaguely remember that thread. i think one of your posts was the reason i went with coils too. something about it already being set up for it. it wasnt near as complex as i thought it would be either. i just need to get down to the garage and finish the damn thing! we are moving this coming spring or summer, so i have to have it together by then. i've been spending too much time/money on guns/ammo to do anything with it.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
yeah Slacker!

all my B2 money has gone into my AR build right now.. so I can't say much lol. But mine is being daily driven, it works!

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
exactly....i've been slacking since christmas last year!! wife gives me hell about every chance she gets too

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals