• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1990 ford ranger sbsc bed cover snaps

Matthew.rivers91

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ferd
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
So i have a ranger that i am fixing up, i plan on starting doing some of the cosmetic repairs as everything mechanically is up to par, my next task is to coat the bed in bed liner as well as get a new bed cover top. which brings me to my question. My truck has the snaps for a snap on leather bed cover. but every one that i find that will fit has a frame you put into the bed and it snaps onto the frame. I do not need it to be theft resistant. was this a factory option as the snaps and the screws that hold the snaps and the slide piece at the cab of the bed look to be the same type of screws all over the interior. the install of the snaps and all components look so straight and perfect its hard to believe that this is an aftermarket cover. maybe a dealer install at the purchase of the truck?
not sure where to go about getting a cover to fit. should i call ford?:popcorn::dunno:

Attachments

Big'Un

Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ram
Engine Size
5.7 Hemi
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
$hit Happens
It's not a factory tonneau cover....looking at the spacing, probably "custom made". I'd remove the snaps, weld them shut, primer, paint and look at a new modern version. my 2 cents...

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
Yea definitely a custom job and probably for a soft camper top not a tonneau.

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
Definitely old school custom job. A good one too. As advised, the best bet is to start fresh. The newer style with the rails is not just for theft protection, it also pulls the fabric evenly to keep it from distortion over time. It will look better too. Depending on how handy you are, you could do a custom job yourself. My line of work allowed me to see some real cool custom applications of different types of fabrics and "bedcovers" was something we dabbled in. I built and covers awnings for over 15 years. So learning how to cover all kinds of things and make it look amazing became a skill I thought I would never have.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals