• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

An Urban Disturbance on its way

WiscoRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Like many gear heads in my younger days I did anything I could to cause an issue in whatever vehicle I owned. This is what lead me to a purchase of my ranger. After wreaking my car being that stupid kid. A 500 dollar POS ranger was all I could afford. 1991 2.3, stick, regular cab short bed.
After 6 years and 100,000 miles of daily driving this truck has become to be my forever vehicle. It has spent the last year in storage, and in the next few months I will have space to begin to bring it to what it's always been in my mind. An Urban Disturbance, go any Where do anything, fast, enjoyable well rounded truck. There are certain things that won't change on it and won't ever but I'm really looking forward to what this will be.

Plans of now are deaver leafs, king coils on front and shocks out back. This will be done in a way as to not lift the truck at all, but increase suspension travel. 33x10.5 tires. Turbo LS( which I may have discovered a bolt in solution for), and yes, the clutch pedal is staying. Everything should remain semi factory in appearance.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
awesome.

i have looked over several builds in person from florida to here in detroit area, fairly cake swap. i am sure i will do one myself sooner or later.

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
where are you located?

WiscoRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
awesome.

i have looked over several builds in person from florida to here in detroit area, fairly cake swap. i am sure i will do one myself sooner or later.
Can't get much easier than an LS! I'm in South East Wisconsin

WiscoRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Small update.

I'm using a T5 for the trans. They've been mated to am LS before but isn't overly common because well, t5s suck balls. But it's not costing me anything! Got a t5 on trade. Got a clutch out of a vette for free. $75 621 gm bell housing with a crack that will get tigged up. $40 gm internal hydraulic slave which was the hard part to figure out. However I lucked out and had the right bearing retainer on the t5 to use the t56 style internal slave. The t5 has the factory xmember on it too, so I'll be fabbing tabs onto the frame to accept it.

I also got an 8.8 today. Agreed to haul a explorer out of the weeds and bring the scrap money back to the guy for the rear.

proz07

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.3l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Id be interested in your bolt in solution? I saw one here where the guy used slider s10 mounts and it worked but he had a body lift if I remember. Reason i ask is Im in the middle of my Gen III/IV GM 7875 turbo build w/ t56. Now i have mine mounted w/ weld in eng mounts using the factory cross member relocated. Now i had to cut the firewall where the heater/AC unit goes to get it far enough back to have room for my intercooler, condenser, radiator as well as use camaro/vette accessories which are 1.5" shorter than the truck stuff.

just curious as your extremely vague currently. I have the black pearl build. I havent posted in a while but will hopefully have some good stuff after this weekend.

Z

WiscoRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Id be interested in your bolt in solution? I saw one here where the guy used slider s10 mounts and it worked but he had a body lift if I remember. Reason i ask is Im in the middle of my Gen III/IV GM 7875 turbo build w/ t56. Now i have mine mounted w/ weld in eng mounts using the factory cross member relocated. Now i had to cut the firewall where the heater/AC unit goes to get it far enough back to have room for my intercooler, condenser, radiator as well as use camaro/vette accessories which are 1.5" shorter than the truck stuff.

just curious as your extremely vague currently. I have the black pearl build. I havent posted in a while but will hopefully have some good stuff after this weekend.

Z
I have to enlarge the factory mount holes. I'm hoping to work on it this week. When I do I'm going to make a post detailing every thing and part numbers. I'll post the link in here when I do! Right now with the bell on everything clears. I'll have to modify the duct work.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals