• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Turn Signal SNAFU

warrior24

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Turn Signal SNAFU *****SOLVED*****

My turn Signals are acting up, the left side blinks really fast and the right side blinks even faster. Checked all bulbs are intact, however the glass on the rear is a tiny bit blackened but otherwise no loose fillimant. No corrosion on the connections. I have noticed one thing when I replaced my battery today. The ground cable is corroded has green crap in side of the braided wire, its visible down to frame ground don't know if it extends to the ground on the tranny. I replaced the battery cause it was getting bloated and eating up all the wire loom and hoses. So I took the ground bolt off the frame sanded the connection, also cleaned the aftermarket battery terminal ground clamp. But I still have the same issues with my signals. When I removed the rear bulbs and tried the signals out the blinking slowed down but still didn't seam the right speed. So any one think it could be the relay? Or is it the ground wire?

Last edited:

Earl43P

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford F250 4WD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
G103, the turn signal ground, is on the DS inner fender (under the hood), most forward of the two grounds. It is closest to the starter solenoid. Clean that up.

From your description, you need to replace that groady ground from the battery. Green is not good. Also examine/clean/replace the ground from the firewall to the engine. I believe there is also a ground from the battery - to the radiator support.

You can test for grounding problems by connecting both red and black jumper cable clamps to the negative battery terminal, then attach red to the chassis and black to the engine (you need bare metal). If that makes the turn signals better, grounding is your problem. (All this is doing is adding ground paths, not any kind of safety hazard).

That corroded ground probably contributed to your battery bloating problem and is taxing your alternator.

warrior24

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I don't have any jumper cables there in my moms car. Ill give it a try tomorrow and let you know if that was the problem. Thanks

warrior24

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I tried the jumper cable thing but it did not work. So I tried a used spare flasher buss I had lying around and now it works perfect, I actually tried two different flash buss's and one had the same symptom and the other worked great. Still need to change the ground wire out though. Thanks for helping me pinpoint it down my process of elimination.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals