• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Instrument Panel LEDs

jailescape

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Ok so dash apart, there is a "Toshiba V2" plastic twist housing. From what i read online, it is a housing and the bulb should pull out.
Here is what it looks like:
View attachment 8245

I can only make out this info on the bulb itself:
14v and possibly 1.25w not sure its rubbed off.
ANyone give me any sort of info on this?

Pulled out some other bulbs, I managed to get TSD 6

if you looked at the bulb from top down, reading left to right, the markings are as follows
TSD 6
14v1.25w . 5

I have NOT been able to find out anything about these bulbs. ANy help would be appreciated.
I actually pulled out my dash a few days ago ('95 Ford Ranger) & they were 194's (same ones used in my license plate lights). So the best idea would be to try & find a bulb that matches it somewhere inside your truck.

chudykGT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Yes, 2003 and older rangers use 194s. Mine does not. It does not match anything other than the other instrument cluster bulbs. The bulb is smaller than a #74 as well, and therefore a fair amount smaller than a 194.

chudykGT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Newer Rangers use 2721, 74 will fit with slight effort

The dash lights are the same size as 2721 bulbs. The ratings of the 2721 and factory Ford bulb are slightly different, but should work fine.

A few guys have said they made #74 leds fit with minimal fuss. There are many options out there.

I have ordered some #74 LEDS as well as some #24 (replace 2721 bulbs)LEDS and will try both, and see how they perform.

Dirmaid

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Threado-Revivo!

Has anyone used the single LED wedges in the gauge cluster? The reason I ask is that I'm working on a computer-controlled "light show" and would like to include the gauges in the fancy color party. The LED's i'm using aren't exactly cheap so I'd only be using one per bulb socket. I'm just trying to figure out if they're gonna be bright enough for decent shine through. This is also assuming I remove the green film on the back of the gauges. I know it's not the same as the wedge LED's that you can buy, but they're similar enough to judge if it's something worth pursuing

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals