• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

98 Ford Ranger Custom Install

win1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
O.K. I think I got it this time. My name is Winfred and I am in Barstow, CA my shop is Audio Elegance and I just finished a system in a 98 Ford Ranger sound quality was our objective and I think we reached that. First some pictures of the truck

Now for the Audio System first a Kenwood EZ700 with builtin Sirius Tuner

7" Monitor and slim line DVD Player in custom center console

Drivers Door speaker ADS with Elemental Designs EDead covering door

Drivers kick panel with tweeter Focal TN-45
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn141/winfred_2008/Picture239.jpg

Passenger Door speaker ADS with Elemental Design EDead covering door
[IMG]http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn141/winfred_2008/Picture241.jpg

Passenger Kickpanel tweeter Focal TN-45

Amp and Sub Enclouser. Amps and Sub are Elemental Design 11kv.2, 10" Amps two 9.2's one for the front stage and the second brigded for the sub.

The objective was a nice clean install with good sound quality. With the tweeters in the kickpanels the sound stage is center dash with stereo seperation. He liked the install so much I am working on his next truck which so happens to be a Ford Ranger also and here is a preview.

Thanks for looking

flyingbrick

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
looks good, glad to see someone go for SQ and use Focal and not alpine :haha:, i have one question though why did you mount tweeters in the kick panels? there not even angled up so there blowing at your ankles, i found for SQ mounting the tweeters in the door panels just inside of where the mirrors are are best. just my 2 cents

win1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
The reason for mounting the tweeters in the kickpanel are the frequency is lower on them and they image in the center of the dash. I do a lot of vehicle like this and results are mind blowing. After tuning the system the mid range and bass responce are center cabin, so the sound comes from the center a/c vents, and spreads across the dash. the customer was amazed and that's why wants the same sound in his next vehicle which I am working on now, which by the way is a standard cab and I am using a single 8" sub. Hopefully it comes out as nice sounding as this one did. Thanks for checking out the install.

flyingbrick

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
OK, i'll keep an open mind and we always aim for the interior light and it sounds good, but when i can get the cash for my new system i'll play with the tweeters and see how it sounds your way.
Could you post up pictures of the other truck when you finish it?

win1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Not a problem will do. Also you can check out Bing Xu's website a friend, and see some of the different installs he has done with tweeters in the kicks also. My site will be up shortly and I will give you that link also. His is below.

http://simplicity.elitecaraudio.org/

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals