• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

A little more power from your hella 500's

EERNGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
If you are running 100W bulbs I have found you can get a bit more light by rewiring them with better connectors than the kit came with and better relays. The voltage drop on 100w bulbs with kit wiring is pretty bad.

If you aren't good at wiring, www.easternbeaver.com sells AWESOME harnesses pre made with top notch stuff. He is mostly for motorcycles however his dual H4 harness can easily be used for foglamps.
Thanks for the info Jason, ya i definitely noticed a heck of a difference in voltage drop in jumping up to the 100w bulbs. Im going to have to either re-do the wiring myself or that harness looks like an awesome time-saver option.

EERNGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
i don't understand why someone would even say this???
lol, ya i don't get it either, i have never found it necessary to post something negative on a write up when i found that i already knew how to do what the contents of the thread entailed. And this site has given so much information to me in the countless threads that are here, which seem to make any project that much easier. I just try to give something back any chance i can get to maybe make someone's project a bit easier, or try put more confidence in someone's ability. :beer:

Jspafford

Logan Andrew Feb 17, 2012
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevy 3500HD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
6.6L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
5"
Tire Size
35"
Jealousy... He's mad cause you have a camera!

machine090767

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.4 Triton V8
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Perfection is worth the wait
amazing.. people defending some kids thread on "How to change a light bulb"
If this thread were posted over on R-F or FRF, there would be about a dozen or more posts agreeing with me. why? because over there, were not imbecilles.

02RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
If this thread were posted over on R-F or FRF, there would be about a dozen or more posts agreeing with me. why? because over there, were not imbecilles.
Maybe so, but over HERE we are not assholes.:thefinger:

EERNGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Well actually, now that you mention that so nicely...... The thread you commented on was originally posted on R-F as a write up and this posting frenzy never happened. so im going to have to call your little statement.

You will find that the more you try to be helpful (on any site) and the less you try and be a jerk (0n any site), the more people will take kindly to your comments, and maybe even ask questions. i dont know why you are here, but i am here to help share information, maybe learn something new...or even give something back, im not here to smack talk people over boosting my ego.

There...said my peace.....im done. go ahead and have a beer, and i will do the same.... :headbang: :beer:

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals