• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

93 Ranger D35 passenger side slip axle

Wa11banger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
hello TRS I have been lurking the forum since purchasing my new to me 93 ranger truck a few weeks ago. I have been going through the bottom of it and have been finding it was very abused. I am in the process of rebuilding the front end while the rear is in the shop from a complete grenade failure and have a questions about the slip shaft seal..

During disassembly the passenger side slip joint was gunked up. I was able to massage it apart and the splines look in decent shape. However, although I have been able to find and replace all seals and bearings for the spindle I cannot find the rubber seals for the slip joint.. The external "boot" is in pretty good shape but there was what was left of a formed rubber seal in the end of the shaft still attached to the diff. and a small very tore up rubber flat washer in there as well. I cannot find these parts anywhere and have no idea what they are called.

Also the short axle shafts bearing surface is anything but smooth and I cannot seem to find replacements for those.. Do you just replace the needles and run em like they are... I have checked several in the junkyard and several online and none look in any better shape.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated and thanks for being here guys I hope to share my builds someday.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Also the short axle shafts bearing surface is anything but smooth and I cannot seem to find replacements for those...
You can't find a U-joint?

Check with NAPA.

Rothskeli

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
hello TRS I have been lurking the forum since purchasing my new to me 93 ranger truck a few weeks ago. I have been going through the bottom of it and have been finding it was very abused. I am in the process of rebuilding the front end while the rear is in the shop from a complete grenade failure and have a questions about the slip shaft seal..

During disassembly the passenger side slip joint was gunked up. I was able to massage it apart and the splines look in decent shape. However, although I have been able to find and replace all seals and bearings for the spindle I cannot find the rubber seals for the slip joint.. The external "boot" is in pretty good shape but there was what was car accessories left of a formed rubber seal in the end of the shaft still attached to the diff. and a small very tore up rubber flat washer in there as well. I cannot find these parts anywhere and have no idea what they are called.

Also the short axle shafts bearing surface is anything but smooth and I cannot seem to find replacements for those.. Do you just replace the needles and run em like they are... I have checked several in the junkyard and several online and none look in any better shape.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated and thanks for being here guys I hope to share my builds someday.
I think you will get these parts on eBay site. I am not sure but I purchase most parts from this site

Last edited:

Wa11banger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
You can't find a U-joint?

Check with NAPA.
No sir, u joints abound at parts stores.. I was referring to the bearing surface on the actual short shaft. The needle bearing set in the spindle mates with these. They are pretty rough and I cant seem to find any "new" stock on them and so far all used ones I have researched seem to be in no better shape. I was wondering if people were just running them in that rough shape?

I think you will get these parts on eBay site. I am not sure but I purchase most parts from this site
Are you talking about the short shafts or the seals for the two shafts? I so far have not found those seals anywhere. I found several short shafts on ebay all bearing surfaces look the same as what I have. I currently am waiting for a response here on TRS about a complete set of axles though so hopefully they are good.

Thanks

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Ok. Sorry, I'm out with the flu right now, my mind has been much clearer.

Wa11banger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thanks Racer 1044 that is awesome and exactly what I was looking for..

I appreciate the assist.

Rick

racer1044

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
No problem. They are one of the only people I can find that sell d35 axle shafts new.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals