• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

electrical issue

tiggerfan79

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hi, I have a 1994 ford ranger. The dashboard and taillights have just stopped working. The headlights and turn signals still work. I have somebody who tested all the fuses and used a electric signal box checker and he said I am not getting any power to tail lights. What can we try next? I am love my truck, even named her!! I want to get her fixed!! Thanks

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
Sounds like the light switch to me the running lights and dash lights are on the same circuit, possibly a loose/corroded switch connector also. check all the wires for a short do you have a owners manual that tells you what fuse it is?

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
On most vehicles the dash board and tail lights are on the same fuse.
Could be the light switch but usually the fuse, if you have a trailer light harness check it for shorts, those are exposed ends and can blow the fuse.

I was pulled over one night by a cop and he said "do you know why I pulled you over?"
I said "No"
He said "because your dash board lights are out", and they were
Well that freaked me out, lol........how could he see my dash lights????????
he laughed and said "just kidding, your tails lights are out and they are on the same fuse"
No ticket he just said to get it fixed before driving at night again.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals