• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Replacing entire line system...

jasonkdarling

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
302/2.9
Transmission
Automatic
I have searched, but have not found!
If there is a thread, please lead me to it...

I am replacing the axles, suspention, engine, transmission, transfercase, driveshafts, ect. in the '88 from the '71. (The '71's frame is swiss cheese)

As you can probably imagine, all brake lines and fittings are rusted solid, or away. So, when I swap from one bronco to the other, I am replacing all hard line and flex line. The problem I am having is with the fittings. Here is what I have down so far:

3/16" Hard brake line.
3/8"-24 thread nuts (for 3/16" brake line).
18" -3AN flex line to use at axles.

The flex line size converts to be the same size as the hard line. I cannot seem to find "T" fittings with the center being a male -3AN (to thread into the female -3AN of the flex line) and the two others being for the hard line nuts to thread into.

Finding 3/16" hard line nuts to thread into the flex lines' -3AN female fittings is becoming a challenge as well!

I also wonder if the '88 brake booster will support the '71 brake system. Any thoughts?

Thanks for the help!!

1badexplorer

Firefighter
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0, 501, 7.3psd, 351c, 351w
Transmission
Manual
Go buy brake hoses for the 71 bronco. They should have the correct fittings on them.

jasonkdarling

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
302/2.9
Transmission
Automatic
Maybe I was not specific enough...

I know what hoses I need to go from the front axle tube to the calipers. What I need is from the frame to the axles. This includes the flex line and the "T" block the flex line and hard lines attach to.

Thanks for the input!

1badexplorer

Firefighter
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0, 501, 7.3psd, 351c, 351w
Transmission
Manual
I'd say that stock bronco hoses to fit the axles would be best. Then you just have to make a bracket to mount it to your frame. Try a bronco place (bronco graveyard, duffs, etc) they should have all the hoses to fit the axles.

just truckn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6inch suspension 3inch body
Tire Size
33 12.50 15
jasontry looking up inline tube .com or classic tube.com they make factorylines and stuff everything you need.

pat_car22

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I am having a simmilar problem on my ranger, its the Proprtioning value your looking for i think. Ford stoped making them for my ranger so i had to by a aftermarket one from the parts store down the street... it sucks it ran me about 70 bucks!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals