• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My rebuild of my new 84 Ranger 302

84FreakRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I got a yoke and a bastard u-joint put the driveshaft in and now driving my truck with a C4, wahooo. Man, that FMX was a fat and heavy pig.

prymetime1

Reaction score
Finally got to work on putting the C4 with a 2500 stall torque converter today. the torsion bars crossmember was in my way of removing the fat pig FMX transmission

so we start cutting it out

now it is out of the way the tranny can be dropped

fat pig is out.

now I had a plate made out of 1/4 thick steel for the new brace for the crossmember and the C4 is installed

here is another view of the crossmember

OH YEAH I FORGOT THE STUPID YOKE FOR THE FMX IS TO FAT FOR THE C4 NOW HAVE TO HUNT A C4 YOKE
Man, nice progress on trans swap. I can't lie, your new cross member looks sturdy.....I may snag that ideal as its is a bitch to work around it getting things in and out.
[emoji106] [emoji482]

84FreakRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Man, nice progress on trans swap. I can't lie, your new cross member looks sturdy.....I may snag that ideal as its is a bitch to work around it getting things in and out.
[emoji106] [emoji482]
The pattern is 18in by 5in steel plate with 7/16 to 1/2 holes at 16.5in by 3.5in and used the bolts that was on the crossmember. Look on your torsion crossmember there should have pre-drilled holes with those measurements like mine I just cut about a inch within the inside of those holes so I could bolted on the steel plate with the same bolts in the middle of the old crossmembers you can see. Have at it, this is what this forum for to help others and learn tricks or 2

84FreakRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks brotha! How's that c4 treating u?
it is working, gotta get an o-ring for the dipstick tube and adjust the linkage. You know it takes time to work the bugs out.:icon_bounceblue::icon_thumby:

prymetime1

Reaction score
it is working, gotta get an o-ring for the dipstick tube and adjust the linkage. You know it takes time to work the bugs out.:icon_bounceblue::icon_thumby:
Man, good deal. Glad it's getting there. I definitely know about working bugs out...lol...seems there is an infestation in mine to still figure out. 1 day at a time
.er one paycheck at a time Hahahah.
Looking fwd to seeing what it does on the track.

84FreakRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I adjusted the shifter cable linkage, pulled out the trans dipstick tube put a bead of silicone around the o-ring put it back, no more leaks and installed an electric fan on the front was a tight fit too. South Georgia is getting too hot for red lights and traffic

84FreakRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I had my fuel pump on a relay and the ignition switch but I decided to make it steal safe so nobody could hop in it and drive off with my truck. Most people have their carb fuel pump on the ignition switch or toggle switch which any dumb car thieve can figure out how to start it by flipping switches and popping the steering column. So I put my fuel pump on a old headlight dimmer switch with this I can kill the pump anytime i want to. to a dumb carjacker it is a light dimmer switch but he don't know it works the pump. So he can't go but maybe 100ft until the carb out of gas by then I will be there to shoot him in the balls, messing with somebody's truck is like messing with his woman.

84FreakRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Went to Test and Tune tonight after I change the FMX to a C4 with a 2500 stall torque converter it pick up a whole second in the 1/4 mile on my 215-65-16 street tires not bad for street tires. I could only launch at 1000rpm off the line or I would smoke the tires into 2nd gear. Now I need drag radials

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals