• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Rotator cuff tear??'s

mtnrgr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
6" Skyjacker, with 1.5" coil spacers, custom radius arms, custom traction bars
Tire Size
31x10.50
My credo
Lord God is my guardian
Surgery date has been made to fix all that is damaged.

Last edited:

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I haven't gone through this myself, but dad did 10-12 years ago. Can't compare his damage to yours, but it was a torn rotor cuff in his right shoulder.

I know he didn't stop driving for weeks. A few years prior to the rotor cuff he was in an accident that badly messed up his right leg and knee. He used his left leg to operate brake and his right hand with a pole to operate the gas pedal. He regained use of the leg before the shoulder got messed up and the leg injury actually led to the shoulder injury.

I mention all of that to say, where there is a will there is a way and, if it's an automatic, it wouldn't be too difficult to drive with left hand/arm only. Unless of course you have a bad reaction to the medication, in which case play it safe and please don't drive.

Good luck with the surgery and wish you a speedy recovery!

dirtcowboy

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985,1986(2),19
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.9, 4.6, 4.0, 6.8, 5.0x4
Transmission
Automatic
I've had 2, one on each side. The first was treated in San Diego, first class care by the Doc who worked on the Chargers players. Excellent results! The second was by mouth breathing retards here in Montana, all hail affirmative action!

The first injury right rotator cuff was torn in two, it looked like fibreglas. Had an MRI then surgery. The rehab started the same day as my operation. Before I got home "they" had delivered a motion machine with cooling contraptions. I rehabbed at home for about a week then started physical therapy. I continued the home movements the entire time. The therapist store had two old Chinese lady's who could work the knots out of a freight train collision. Total rehab was about 3 months, give or take. Injury in 1998.

The second one, left shoulder, had a complete separation of the center ligament, and due to sloppy accounting, my surgery didn't happen for 4 months. The golden window on tears is 90 days. When they opened me up the center ligament had so atrophied they couldn't repair it. The therapy was about 2 months and it hasn't quit hurting, injury in 2007.

Moral of story, go to the best docs, get it done fast, do the therapy and take only advil for pain, those opioids are dangerous!

Good luck!

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals