Home Ford Ranger Forum Builders Guide How To Tech Other Articles Featured Rangers Readers Rangers Classifieds Shirts & Decals

Go Back   The Ranger Station Forums > Truck Discussions (Not for tech help - Use Help Forums further down) > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This forum is for general discussions. If you're in need of help, post it below in the appropriate topic forum.

Old 06-13-2018, 12:16 AM   #1
mtnrgr

Vehicle Year: 1994
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger
I use this vehicle for: Everything
My credo: My Rottweilers are my guardians
mtnrgr is on a distinguished road
Default Rotator cuff tear??'s

Surgery date has been made to fix all that is damaged.

Last edited by mtnrgr; 06-17-2018 at 10:28 AM.
mtnrgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement - Don't want to see the forum ads? Click HERE to find out how to be a Supporting Member.

5% Discount Code: 01783FE29A6986 Expires: December 30, 2018
Old 06-13-2018, 12:59 AM   #2
JoshT
Supporting Member

Vehicle Year: 1999
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger
I use this vehicle for: Back-up DD, Hunting, ETC.
JoshT is just really niceJoshT is just really niceJoshT is just really niceJoshT is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to JoshT Send a message via Yahoo to JoshT

I haven't gone through this myself, but dad did 10-12 years ago. Can't compare his damage to yours, but it was a torn rotor cuff in his right shoulder.

I know he didn't stop driving for weeks. A few years prior to the rotor cuff he was in an accident that badly messed up his right leg and knee. He used his left leg to operate brake and his right hand with a pole to operate the gas pedal. He regained use of the leg before the shoulder got messed up and the leg injury actually led to the shoulder injury.

I mention all of that to say, where there is a will there is a way and, if it's an automatic, it wouldn't be too difficult to drive with left hand/arm only. Unless of course you have a bad reaction to the medication, in which case play it safe and please don't drive.

Good luck with the surgery and wish you a speedy recovery!
2003 Honda Shadow Sabre - not touched in over 4 years, really need to sale
2010 Kia Forte Koup SX - DD
1968 Ford F-100 4x4 - Being revived
JoshT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 01:27 PM   #3
dirtcowboy

Vehicle Year: 1985,1986(2),19
Vehicle Make: FORD
Vehicle Model: '85,'86,'86,'88,89, BII's 2002 F-250, 2003 F-150, 2004 Explorer
dirtcowboy will become famous soon enough

I've had 2, one on each side. The first was treated in San Diego, first class care by the Doc who worked on the Chargers players. Excellent results! The second was by mouth breathing retards here in Montana, all hail affirmative action!

The first injury right rotator cuff was torn in two, it looked like fibreglas. Had an MRI then surgery. The rehab started the same day as my operation. Before I got home "they" had delivered a motion machine with cooling contraptions. I rehabbed at home for about a week then started physical therapy. I continued the home movements the entire time. The therapist store had two old Chinese lady's who could work the knots out of a freight train collision. Total rehab was about 3 months, give or take. Injury in 1998.

The second one, left shoulder, had a complete separation of the center ligament, and due to sloppy accounting, my surgery didn't happen for 4 months. The golden window on tears is 90 days. When they opened me up the center ligament had so atrophied they couldn't repair it. The therapy was about 2 months and it hasn't quit hurting, injury in 2007.

Moral of story, go to the best docs, get it done fast, do the therapy and take only advil for pain, those opioids are dangerous!

Good luck!

Furthermore, I consider that islam must be destroyed.

Last edited by dirtcowboy; 06-13-2018 at 01:29 PM. Reason: clarity
dirtcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote