• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Chirping/Whirring part 3 with video

prerunin13

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
3.0 V6 2wd. Here's what has been done to fix this noise so far. Keep in mind, that it was a super loud metal on metal sound and now it's down to this.

Replaced - cam synch, cam sensor, pilot bearing, throw out bearing, slave cylinder, every bearing and seal block to heads.
Checked - Vacuum for leaks, iac valve.
Ran it without the serpentine belt, ran it with the starter off, ran it with the tranny off, ran it without the exhaust - open headers.

OBDII said it's fine, no check engine light. The sound really gets louder when you take it for a drive and it sounds like it's coming from where the engine and tranny meet. Toward the end of the video, it gets a lot louder when I put the camera down below. The noise never changes in frequency, just gets louder. Only goes away for a fraction of a second when you stomp on it. Idling or at 3500 rpms - same noise.

You Tube Video

Last edited by a moderator:

Rangerkid92

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I had the same thing with my 03', sounded like a loud squeeling. Ended up being 3 of the 5 cats were plugged.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals