• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

3.0 not right

surffisher

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
i got a 96 with over 200000 runs good and has good power. but it jerks and jumps when you are bearly mashing gas pedal dont matter if 1st gear at 5 mph or 5th gear at 55 mph. since i got it its been doing it i changed the cam sensor and put in new plugs has no codes in it dont know if eng light comes on cause its burnt out sprayed starting fluid around on eng didnt hear any vac leak. anyone with ideas ?

surffisher

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
3.0 trouble

116 views and nobody got any answers

modelageek

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
i got a 96 with over 200000 runs good and has good power. but it jerks and jumps when you are bearly mashing gas pedal dont matter if 1st gear at 5 mph or 5th gear at 55 mph. since i got it its been doing it i changed the cam sensor and put in new plugs has no codes in it dont know if eng light comes on cause its burnt out sprayed starting fluid around on eng didnt hear any vac leak. anyone with ideas ?
change the fuel filter and do a fuel pressure test on it

Earl43P

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford F250 4WD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I've seen the DPFE cause this.

Disconnect the vacuum line from the EGR valve itself and drive it a couple days like that.

If it doesn't jerk any more, replace the DPFE and reset the PCM by disconnecting the battery and turning on the headlights. Reconnect battery and drive like normal.

http://www.tomco-inc.com/Tech_Tips/ttt35.pdf

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals