• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

RPM's: Does this look right?

Hazmat Ranger

May 2009 STOTM
U.S. Military - Veteran
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
When they put in the aftermarket components they could have gotten the tach needle on in the wrong location, if you go to look at it take a spare tach with you, if you have one, and ask to hook it up like mentioned already.
My tach is about 500 rpm high, I know it and compensate for it, because I did just that and need to reset the needle. Just another idea to throw out there and yeah that does sound high $$ - I got my 95 in 01 (6 years old) from Carmax $6995 with 4.0 and 5 spd and she was soooooo much Carmax worthy - so dig deeper or look elsewhere. Good Luck

Last edited:

BeefStew42791

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The idle seems to me to be a tad bit high but nothing really extreme, and like somebody else mentioned they could drop after a few seconds of runnin. And if there was anything really wrong with the engine the c/e light would be on as mentioned. The injectors might just be clogged a tad bit (don't panic, there is a cleaner for that) or it might need a tune-up is all. And maybe I'm missing something but the engine temp looks to be about where it should be, right in the middle, not too hot, not too cold. Yea it could look a little to the cold side but we're also not looking at it centered so ya gotta compensate for that extra angle. From what I can see the only thing out of the ordinary is the oddly high idle.
Btw shady where are you gettin a price from?..I can't find any mention of a price.

Earl43P

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford F250 4WD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
For a warm engine, parking brake on, that idle is ~DOUBLE normal rpm.

Mine will hang at about 1000-1100 while still rolling, but my sitting still, warmed up idle varies from 760-800 rpm (reading the ScanGuageII).

That truck either has a bad IAC or a vaccum leak. DS owner may have even adjusted the throttle plate screw to make it idle that high, who knows.

Regardless, that price is too high. I like my truck, take good care of it, no dents, etc and I know it would never fetch that kind of price.

TimJ408

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Well, thanks guys. This has steered my opinion in definate direction. I'll let ya know if I talk to the guy, but I can already see him not understanding that he's know going to get what he wants for the truck.

What would you think would be a reasonable offer? (1999 Ford Ranger, 3.0L Flex, 4x4, 75000 miles, very good condition/garage kept, 12K put into it-Everything.)

Thanks -Tim

triumphrider-1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford F150
Engine Size
3.7L
Transmission
Automatic
I paid $5,100 for mine a little over two years ago, but it was all stock with 107,000 miles on it.

What all did he do to it for $12,000?

smallello

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
It really dosen't matter how much he put in the truck. He could have $100,000 in the truck but if you only want to spend $4500 then that's what is worth to you...

TimJ408

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I paid $5,100 for mine a little over two years ago, but it was all stock with 107,000 miles on it.

What all did he do to it for $12,000?
"K&N cold-air intake Perma-Cool Aluminum electric fan JBA Silver cat4ward ceramic coated headers Magnaflow catback exhaust with 4” stainless tips Jet-Performance ecu chip MSD Heli-Core high performance ignition wires Bosch Platinum 4 spark plugs Gears 4.11 Front (Dana 35) 4.11 Yukon Rear with liited slip Trac Loc(Ford 7.5) Lift 4” Trailmaster Suspension lift (front & rear) 2” Superlift Block lift (rear) 3” Performance Accessory Body Lift___(5)BF Goodrich A/T 35/12.50/15 All-Terrain Tires 15” All American Wheel Trailmaster Front Skid Plate Westin Ultimate Bull Bar Westin Nerf Bars A.R.E. Tonneau cover Westin tonneau cover bars Reflexxion cowl induction hood Bushwacker fender flares 01-04 Ford OEM Side View Mirrors 01-04 Ford Edge front bumper w/valence and fog lights JDM HID HEADLIGHTS w/Projection JDM Euro Taillights Custom Billet Upper and Lower grills Spray-in bed liner Undercoating Interior Superlift TruSpeed speed sensor recalibrator APC Silver custom Gauge face panels and AC controls Custom Black Carpet 03 Ford Sportrac Seats with electric lumbar support(Full Power Driver’s Seat) Panasonic CQ-C8100U flip head unit NOS 10” Bass tube CB Radio Air horns Viper Alarm System

-Tim

TimJ408

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
It really dosen't matter how much he put in the truck. He could have $100,000 in the truck but if you only want to spend $4500 then that's what is worth to you...
And you are excatly right! (The only thing is: some kind of chemical leached into my brain and is making me want it more then I normally would!!!)

-Tim

Hazmat Ranger

May 2009 STOTM
U.S. Military - Veteran
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
that is called Testosterone my friend makes women into bull dikes and men buy shit they don't need :icon_rofl: :yahoo: :icon_surprised: :icon_cheers:

triumphrider-1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford F150
Engine Size
3.7L
Transmission
Automatic
"K&N cold-air intake
Perma-Cool Aluminum electric fan
JBA Silver cat4ward ceramic coated headers
Magnaflow catback exhaust with 4” stainless tips
Jet-Performance ecu chip
MSD Heli-Core high performance ignition wires Bosch Platinum 4 spark plugs Gears 4.11 Front (Dana 35)
4.11 Yukon Rear with liited slip Trac Loc(Ford 7.5)
Lift 4” Trailmaster Suspension lift (front & rear) 2” Superlift Block lift (rear)
3” Performance Accessory Body Lift
5 BF Goodrich A/T 35/12.50/15 All-Terrain Tires 15” All American Wheel Trailmaster Front Skid Plate
Westin Ultimate Bull Bar
Westin Nerf Bars
A.R.E. Tonneau cover
Westin tonneau cover bars
Reflexxion cowl induction hood
Bushwacker fender flares
01-04 Ford OEM Side View Mirrors
01-04 Ford Edge front bumper w/valence and fog lights
JDM HID HEADLIGHTS w/Projection
JDM Euro Taillights
Custom Billet Upper and Lower grills
Spray-in bed liner
Undercoating

Interior
Superlift
TruSpeed speed sensor recalibrator
APC Silver custom Gauge face panels and AC controls
Custom Black Carpet
03 Ford Sportrac Seats with electric lumbar support(Full Power Driver’s Seat)
Panasonic CQ-C8100U flip head unit
NOS 10” Bass tube
CB Radio
Air horns
Viper Alarm System

-Tim
Thats quite the list.

With that I would probably not go over $7,000.

smallello

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
And you are excatly right! (The only thing is: some kind of chemical leached into my brain and is making me want it more then I normally would!!!)

-Tim
That's ok, just don't let the seller know that...:icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals