• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Fabricating anything right now?

crawlin91

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
Do you guys have any fab projects your working on right now? Doesnt have to be rbv related, post up whatcha got.:icon_welder:

BRUTUS_T_HOG

Article Contributor
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
new horn mount and rear brackets for p/s and alt on a 64 fairlane. thats about it.

no pics, but i'll get one cause you guys are going to want to see this nice fresh rebuilt engine

99RangerKrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I've been thinking about fabbing up a new bumper..just got to get around to actually doing it.

Other than that, just fabbing up some grades for the end of the semester.

crawlin91

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
id like to get a bumper on the rear of my truck. Ive got a bunch of 1.5" tube, and some 2" reciever tube. probably be a wrap around design I dont know If I will leave the bedsides alone or trim them up and run the tube in their place.

Ranger#1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
nope nothing at all lol ;]

Sasquatch_Ryda

Ford Technician
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
40s
Just constantly working on my car

Finished up the floors, now i'm working in the trunk. Replaced the rear subframe crossmember and have the new trunk floor waiting to go it.

railman

December 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
id like to get a bumper on the rear of my truck. Ive got a bunch of 1.5" tube, and some 2" reciever tube. probably be a wrap around design I dont know If I will leave the bedsides alone or trim them up and run the tube in their place.
same thing here....but thinking of doin a swing away spare tire carrier...with a twist....

l8r, John

triumphrider-1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford F150
Engine Size
3.7L
Transmission
Automatic
I'm building a motorcycle, again. Nothing fancy, but we've saved about 30Lbs of weight with this design over the previous one so far.

If your wondering what its for; its an ice racing motorcycle for the 506+ open rubber sidecar class.

crawlin91

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
Sasquatch-looks like a ton of work/fun.
Triumphrider, thats awesome. Keep the pics coming guys....

Mudhound

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Eaastern Ky- out in the woods ( literally)
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
173 and 331 CI
Transmission
Manual
Building a woodstove for the garage out of an old waterheater. I am tired of freezing out there.

DHPmike

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
I am about to make a heater for my shop as well. The two small electric space heaters just keep it bearable right now. when it gets colder imma want to stay in the house.

Im also building an all new style rear cover mounted watts link. Im developing the one for a GM 10 bolt. Then Im starting on the one for a Ranger rear axle. Ill post pics if anyone wants to see.

Mudhound

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Eaastern Ky- out in the woods ( literally)
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
173 and 331 CI
Transmission
Manual
Hmm, is somebody planning on trying to competively roadrace a Ranger...?

kroussinoffroad

October 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ferd
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
my bead breaker
There is alot more to it than what you see, there are two jeep rotors welded to a semi rim with a set of huge washeres and a nut underneath that the center (very large) bolt threads into

kroussinoffroad

October 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ferd
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
about the wood stoves dont run the vent pipe over your truck ... its really hard to get the creasault (sp) off the paint

93rangerXLT4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
well i guess since im new on the forum i should chime in and say that i race lawnmowers. right now i race a custom built Ford YT16 with a 12hp briggs in it, its been molested.. been shortened by at least a foot, widen a bit, made a seat, cut the steering wheel off and built a set of handle bars with hand throttle. here's a picture of it.

and why not do some pic whoring lol:headbang:

ford mower 12hp briggs overhead valve single cylinder, handle bars are from a 1972 or 74 motoski 250 snowmobile, fully greasable front end with nipples... umm what else.. 5 speed transaxle. 2" rear bumper. its going even lower this winter, the bottom of the floorboards is about 4-5 inches off the ground, break away type kill switch, push button start, no ignition key so its pull the kill cord or push a little red button to shut it down, manual choke, will most likely get a new custom aluminum fuel tank, dimensions are 36" wide 43" wheelbase .it will go roughly 40-45mph. never been rolled....... yet!! haha
was built in october 2008. i do have some more "technical" pictures of the steering setup is built because its not stock. i will start an introduction thread.

here's my other project that im building its a John Deere 111 originally with an 11hp briggs in it.. dad got it from his boss for free and dad raped parts off it, axles, tires, engine etc.. so i got the frame, hood is fiberglass, steering wheel, rear fender, seat etc.. i stripped it down to bare frame built some brackets to mount a craftsman 5 speed transaxle in it, welded on a craftsman front end, craftsman "L" spindles in the front, and jamming the 16hp opposed twin cylinder that came out of my ford mower in it... as you can the engine doesnt fit under the hood, had to cut a huge notch on the left side of the hood so it would fit decent. will have custom clutch, handle bars, throttle etc. will also get a nice big custom aluminum fuel tank. dimensions are front end will be close to 36" rear will be 33", wheelbase is 40". these engines are torque monsters, its a 656cc (16hp)briggs engine, but i could get close to 30hp out of it if i want to very easily, but to keep it within the rules i have to keep it 18hp and under.. but i will put a different carb on it once i get some seat time on it and get the hp's to around 22hp. the old girl just got brand new front rubber for christmas not 2 weeks ago.. well enough blabbing lets get to the pics.. got any questions about my mower or lawnmower racing in general i will answer them.

3/4 view

front view if you look in the yellow decal to the left of the "J" you can see the cylinder head sticking out, also to the right of the last "E" in deere the other cylinder head is sticking out. enjoy.

dad has 1 already built mower as well, its a 74 lawnflite 12hp briggs also custom built.. he is building another mower as well, he's jamming an 18hp single cylinder Kohler into an old old craftsman (looks like a viking) here's a pic of that.

truck related: building a mesh tailgate for my 93 ranger XLT 4x4 (hence the name haha) the middle will be filled with expanded metal. its not done yet but it should be finished welding and mounting it soon. using the stock "cables" from the stock gate.

sorry for the long post haha lol

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals