• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

having oil pressure issues

drkwaterdiver

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Hello , I'm going crazy here and hoped somebody here could help . My motor is a 557 based on a fully race prepped 460 block and has about 4 hours on it till the pressure started going crazy . It had 60 psi at idle now its bouncing from 15 to 25 and tops out at 30 . The motor isn't ticking , knocking or making any unusual noises at all , changed the oil 2 times I'm running brad penn sae 40 , cut the filter open and no glitter or flakes also dropped the pan and checked , new oil pump and gaskets , new gauge hooked directly to the block . I even pulled a few rod and main caps off and the bearings look great . I really don't want to pull the motor and go through the motor again so any ideas would be great .
Thanks

Bronco638

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Any chance you're sucking air where the oil pick-up tube goes into the pump/block? I had that happen on a Fiesta many moon ago.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals