• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What part is this? (pic) Blower problem, this the problem? stuck on vent!

ChargerOnDavins

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
two 2003, 1 200
Make / Model
3 Ford & 1 Dodg
Transmission
Automatic

Before this part broke (my body guy found it while fixing my truck, may have broken it) all of my settings worked fine. Now, the only setting that works on AC/HEAT is the vents.

What is this part? Where does it go to? How do I fix this?

Blend door? Vaccum? The fender has to come off to get to this?

TwoWhels

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
looks like a Vacuum storage tank...you need it for your heater

ChargerOnDavins

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
two 2003, 1 200
Make / Model
3 Ford & 1 Dodg
Transmission
Automatic
looks like a Vacuum storage tank...you need it for your heater
So that could very well be my issue? Would this be called the vaccum reservoir or canister?

If so that could be a problem. I'm gonna have my body guy take it apart and help me fix this if that's it.

Anyone confirm?

I guess it's vaccum related, did some related reading; would make perfect sense!

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
It's just a vacuum reservoir, nothing exotic, but you need it for the hvac to work properly. You can remove it and plug the hoses while you look for another one. the vent controls will then work but every time you open the throttle fairly hard the vent settings will change by themselves, kind of like driving in the twilight zone. As a side note, many vehicles use vacuum tanks (shape is not important) so finding something that works should not be a problem.

ChargerOnDavins

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
two 2003, 1 200
Make / Model
3 Ford & 1 Dodg
Transmission
Automatic
It's just a vacuum reservoir, nothing exotic, but you need it for the hvac to work properly. You can remove it and plug the hoses while you look for another one. the vent controls will then work but every time you open the throttle fairly hard the vent settings will change by themselves, kind of like driving in the twilight zone. As a side note, many vehicles use vacuum tanks (shape is not important) so finding something that works should not be a problem.
thanks for the insight. I will get on fixing this. Thanks again!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals