• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Jeep bumpers on Bronco II

86broncII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
Just curious if anyone on here has put bumpers designed for any of the jeeps on their Bronco II. I am mainly looking at the rear bumper with the spare tire sway built onto the bumper. Getting stuff ready to completely repaint my 86 Bronco II and would like to do something different with the factory tire swing. Smittybuilt makes several bumpers with tire swings for the jeeps and just was wondering if any one on here has attempted putting something like that on their Bronco II. I do have a 3in lift, so I do have a 31x10.50 spare. I haven't been carrying my spare for a long while now but would like to.

Harley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford bronco 2
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
5.5 in susp 2 in body
Tire Size
35 1250
was wondering the same thing myself...lots of nice smitty bumpers on craigslist for jeeps for cheap.

tidmarshsmiths5

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l stock
Transmission
Manual
Have a buddy that did this on his Toyota truck - and they looked great. Any fab shop (if they don't directly bolt on) or yourself could weld on the bracket to make them work...just depends on if you want to spend the time or money to put them on if they don't direct fit...

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
75 87 96
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
351W , 2.9L , 4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I ran into that hitch mounted tire carrier weeks ago , I kind of don't care for the rattle of my BII factory tire carrier and may be going to a bigger tire.

I would be interested in getting this hitch offset towards the driver side and mounting a Jerry can on the original tire carrier.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals