• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New member, long time Ranger driver

Algae Killer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hello everyone. I was able to purchase my old work truck from my company. We treat lakes and ponds and don't get the luxury of boat ramps so these trucks are taken off road every day, towing 1500 pounds worth of treatment boat and trailer as well as at least 500 pounds of chemicals and gear in the bed. 4 wheel drive gets used up to and over 15 times a day in the mud, up steep launches and in some of the most impossible places I have ever seen and then get back on the road and do it all over again.

We bought this Ranger about 10 years ago with just 20,000 miles on her and she has had a hard life. Came time for another set of new tires and the owner didn't want to invest anymore money into her because of the miles on it and it's age so I offered to buy it, and he said yes.

Me and this truck go back a long time, I know her inside and out and know she's had a hard life but I plan on keeping her up as best as I can and keep her going and going.

Anyway, it's a 2003 Ranger Edge 4x4 ext. cab
Has 242,000 miles on it now and has the R7 axle in the rear running on brand new 265/75/R16 Cooper Discoverer AT3's

I plan on doing a lot of searching and reading on here to learn what I can to make her better. Thanks everyone for your future help and thanks for a great site!

Master.Bator.68

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I like it. Has lots of potential and life left in it. Whats the plans with it? Just keep it as a daily?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Master.Bator.68

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Also... hello, and welcome to trs.

Algae Killer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I like it. Has lots of potential and life left in it. Whats the plans with it? Just keep it as a daily?

Thanks!

My daily driver for the most part is my Focus ST but I do still drive the Ranger to work at least once a week which is about a 70 mile round trip commute just to keep using it because that is what I believe has helped it last for so long is constant use, and being maintained.

It's going to be a winter/fair weather vehicle and used for any work around our properties. I wouldn't mind wheeling it every now and then and getting a small trailer for hauling stuff like our lawnmower and anything else.

First things are going to fix a bunch of little stuff to get her in better shape like replacing the dash light bulbs that are burned out, center arm rest repair, seat repair/replacement, and the tiny leak in the rear window. Beyond that, I'm open to ideas and that's part of why I joined to learn about all the possibilities moving forward.

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
Welcome aboard...

For living 220k miles as a company vehicle... it appears that all the panels on the driver side are still straight.... no duct tape on the steering wheel and all the dash knobs are still there. Amazing

In my experience with company work trucks... yours looks pretty good.

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
Gongrats on the Ranger. Nothing like getting to own a truck you know is reliable, and you know how it rides and drives.

Algae Killer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks everyone. It's been a great truck and trucks usually come here to die, but this one was always an exception. She has her fair share of war wounds, mostly on the bed and tailgate but minimal rust as far as I can see right now. I will be driving it a lot more in the coming months, My Focus needs new tires and they are already spraying the roads around here with that salt/brine whatever....and it's nice getting her out to stretch her legs. :)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals